Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2018, 03:20 AM
saltynuts's Avatar
saltynuts saltynuts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: stony plain
Posts: 784
saltynuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saltynuts
Default sps

been awhile. who are the sps guys/gals in Edmonton.
going to cycle my tank for a couple months to make sure thing are good
would like to pick your brains and maybe secure some frags
sorry if in the wrong area
__________________
36x18x20 (50gal)
tek 6x39watt t5,s.
2x 6025 tunze.
euro-reef rs100.
no more school so i,ll be able to keep this one!
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61329
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
CHEAPREEF CHEAPREEF is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 408
CHEAPREEF is on a distinguished road
Default

Big Al's has about the nicest SPS frags or colonies. Other than that I have ordered from Adam at Frag Garage, his stuff is always top notch.
I'll add IMO you'lll want to wait a bit longer to add the harder SPS to your new system than a few months.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2018, 04:39 PM
DKoKoMan's Avatar
DKoKoMan DKoKoMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,183
DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEAPREEF View Post
Big Al's has about the nicest SPS frags or colonies. Other than that I have ordered from Adam at Frag Garage, his stuff is always top notch.
I'll add IMO you'lll want to wait a bit longer to add the harder SPS to your new system than a few months.
I was at big alís Boxing Day to try and get RC salt on sale as it always goes on. Now in the past they had nice colonies however it appeared that they had a crash in the works or some sort of pest with most of the corals STN & RTN. It looked really grim so if you do go check there frag tank out take a good look!
__________________
300g Basement Reef - April 2018
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2018, 06:07 PM
DorySaid DorySaid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calgary
Posts: 45
DorySaid is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEAPREEF View Post
Big Al's has about the nicest SPS frags or colonies. Other than that I have ordered from Adam at Frag Garage, his stuff is always top notch.
I'll add IMO you'lll want to wait a bit longer to add the harder SPS to your new system than a few months.
I've ordered from Adam as well. No problems with his stuff. Only problem I had was shipping got delayed but not his fault. He spent alot of time on the phone before I ordered. He basically has his cell phone public so you can address any issues before or after ordering. But good product and well packed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2018, 02:51 AM
CHEAPREEF CHEAPREEF is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 408
CHEAPREEF is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
I was at big alís Boxing Day to try and get RC salt on sale as it always goes on. Now in the past they had nice colonies however it appeared that they had a crash in the works or some sort of pest with most of the corals STN & RTN. It looked really grim so if you do go check there frag tank out take a good look!
Hmm I have never seen any RTN at Al's, David knows his stuff pretty good. Maybe they had issues, haven't been in there for a few weeks. I will say I have never lost a coral from them ever, they've always very healthy. Can't say the same for most other places in town though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorySaid View Post
I've ordered from Adam as well. No problems with his stuff. Only problem I had was shipping got delayed but not his fault. He spent alot of time on the phone before I ordered. He basically has his cell phone public so you can address any issues before or after ordering. But good product and well packed.
I've never bothered him on the phone, he answers though Facebook messanger in minutes unless he's in the recording studio. I get him to send mine out Purolator next day by 10am, never a issue.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Razor Ramon's Avatar
Razor Ramon Razor Ramon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spruce Grove Ab.
Posts: 86
Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road
Default Coral frags.... what are you looking for. Could set ya up!

Im new it this show/ forum!
I do have a lot of frags... sps lps softy
High end Zoas are my thing too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2018, 10:00 PM
DKoKoMan's Avatar
DKoKoMan DKoKoMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,183
DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Default

I have some Aussie green Acro frags for Sale right now.
__________________
300g Basement Reef - April 2018
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2019, 09:46 PM
ramasule ramasule is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 37
ramasule is on a distinguished road
Default

Big als frag tank fish look like they had ich or something as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2019, 03:56 AM
DKoKoMan's Avatar
DKoKoMan DKoKoMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,183
DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Ya I wouldn’t be buying from big als frag tank anytime soon.
__________________
300g Basement Reef - April 2018
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.