Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2008, 08:15 AM

Kostas is on a distinguished road
Talking big snail growing babys on it???

Ok so I’ve had this snail for almost two years now, it’s quite big. I’ve never paid much attention to it, mostly move around the tank at night, but the other day I couldn’t help notice that what seems like a baby snail on the top tip of him has its weird long black mouth of its own!
and after watching him for two hours (slow night for ok hahah) i've saw a total of four black things three others on the back of him.

Now in this frist photo you see the snail and its mouth is the larger circle item that is striped brown and white which seems to be its mouth since i've seen it eat and gaze on the walls of my tank…

-Also that baby shell on the snail with the black thing coming out of, moves a little size to side, but still very firmly attached to the main guy i have pushed on it and seen white all around the sides of it

Now the smaller black thing that I have circles (bad pic, I have very cool videos of it extending almost 2inchs for it to eat)I’ve seen a total of four long black things that come out almost all around the smail which I'm guessing is more baby mouths?
now I’m going to have to take more pics – quite weird and VERY interesting no?

This photo is from the back side showing another black mouth? i've seen three come out in total in the back at once. its sooo weird/cool

I don’t even know what kind of snail this is.