Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM

LeanneP is on a distinguished road
Default Frag's Wanted, Kelowna Area

I am interested in adding more corals to my tank so if anyone has anything available let me know.

Leanne
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Anything in particular you are looking for? I have some softies & a few sps bits. Heading to OK Falls Thursday morning. I can drop them off on my way thru Kelowna. Softies for free, maybe a few $$s for some sps pieces. SPS was sold to me some years ago in Kamloops as a chalice, but looks more like a green plating montipora. I also have more BTAs than I need, but it could be a challenge to get them off the rockwork.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Any pics of that SPS stuff?

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 AM

Duker is on a distinguished road

If only you were closer to Victoria, my frag racks are busting at the seams! I don't know what's wrong with Victoria, but no one wants frags here....very odd!

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:59 AM

Kryptic4L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
If only you were closer to Victoria, my frag racks are busting at the seams! I don't know what's wrong with Victoria, but no one wants frags here....very odd!
I hear the wheel chair market is hot in Victoria

But back on topic , if I make a visit to my buddy in he next few weeks ill try and remember this thread and give u a shout I might be able to pull you some goodies out of Calgary .
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Kryptic4L;804001]I hear the wheel chair market is hot in Victoria

But back on topic , if I make a visit to my buddy in he next few weeks ill try and remember this thread and give u a shout I might be able to pull you some goodies out of Calgary .[/quote]

Bwahahaha very funny, but true. You what they say about Victoria "home of the newly wed or nearly dead".
Yeah if ur in town, give me a pm and we can work out a time. I'll grab a small Styrofoam cooler from LFS just in case. Would you be looking for SPS, Lps or softies? I have mostly SPS, and zoas.
Cheers Ronnie

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Any pics of that SPS stuff?
Here's the colony of sps. Photo taken about a year ago I think. Don't recall whether it was taken under my LEDs or MH/T5HO combo (Blue LEDs I suspect due to ambient lighting in photo background). Either way, it will have lived mostly under the halides to that point. Not much left of it as in the photo 'cause I keep breaking pieces off, doh, and my BTAs are killing it. I've moved a large part that I broke inadvertently during cleaning to the other end of the tank & have various bits stuck into rockwork here & there. Some is doing ok, other bits not so good due to constant breakage & moving about.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 AM

very nice mature colony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Here's the colony of sps. Photo taken about a year ago I think. Don't recall whether it was taken under my LEDs or MH/T5HO combo (Blue LEDs I suspect due to ambient lighting in photo background). Either way, it will have lived mostly under the halides to that point. Not much left of it as in the photo 'cause I keep breaking pieces off, doh, and my BTAs are killing it. I've moved a large part that I broke inadvertently during cleaning to the other end of the tank & have various bits stuck into rockwork here & there. Some is doing ok, other bits not so good due to constant breakage & moving about.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
very nice mature colony!
Thanx. It was the size of a fingernail when I got it a few years ago. Almost touching the glass when I finally busted it by accident.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road
Default Frag's Wanted, Kelowna Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneP View Post
I am interested in adding more corals to my tank so if anyone has anything available let me know.

Leanne
I can likely get some out to you, hand delivered into Kelowna, perhaps to your door. I have a friend going through Kelowna around the 8th. I think if you chipped in a bit (maybe $20?) he would drop them off to you. He is a fish tank friend and will likely stop by J&L on the way so you might be able to double dip . If it works out I might be able to grab some frags from ppl in Victoria for you as well and send them out at the same time, but that's a bit of a long shot. Duker has some pretty nice stuff I have been thinking of adding to my tank anyway so it might be a good idea to go pay a visit .

Dan
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!

Last edited by FragIt Dan; 03-20-2013 at 06:44 AM.