Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 AM

Davidbugera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Davidbugera
Default Aiptesia

Does anyone have any thing that eats Aiptesia I have a rock that is plasterd with it .willing to buy borrow lend rent what ever I have to
Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbugera View Post
Does anyone have any thing that eats Aiptesia I have a rock that is plasterd with it .willing to buy borrow lend rent what ever I have to
Is there anything else on the rock that is worth saving?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 AM

Mike-fish is on a distinguished road

there's a guy in Edmonton selling bergulia nudibranches. i just go to town with lemon juice myself. if your tank is big enough a copperband butterfly or matted file fish may do the job.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 AM

xnmuller is on a distinguished road

You know what always seems to work for me, peppermint shrimp. I get them from Kevin at Red Coral and they always do the job. The only problem is they usually end up being the main course for my six-line wrasse.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-fish View Post
there's a guy in Edmonton selling bergulia nudibranches. i just go to town with lemon juice myself. if your tank is big enough a copperband butterfly or matted file fish may do the job.
Here's the post if you missed it. Looks like they're goin' fast

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85958
Old 05-03-2012, 02:02 AM

2xdevils hands,zoas,feather dusters and my 3" white mantis shrimp and his 4-1/2"girl friend live inside the rock as they have hollowed it out for a den, and I don't really wana take them from there hole. I no for a fact these guy do not touch fish big or small but will eat any shrimp,snail,urchins,crabs ex... Or I would get peppermint shrimps.

Is there a fish I can buy to eat only Aiptesia
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbugera View Post
2xdevils hands,zoas,feather dusters and my 3" white mantis shrimp and his 4-1/2"girl friend live inside the rock as they have hollowed it out for a den, and I don't really wana take them from there hole. I no for a fact these guy do not touch fish big or small but will eat any shrimp,snail,urchins,crabs ex... Or I would get peppermint shrimps.

Is there a fish I can buy to eat only Aiptesia

matted filefish will clear you out of aiptasia in no time, and they wiont get as big as butterflies. they are like angels so they are 50/50 whether they nip or not. they eat polyps and anemones. i added you to a 33g zoa tank with 80+ kinds of zoas and palys and he never harmed anything......but they def can so best to get one off someone who has one eating only aiptasia and prepared foods
Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 AM

Thanks guys waiting to see if I can get some of the nudi's if not Ill pull out the rock and let it dry or read up on lemon juice??
Old 05-03-2012, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnmuller View Post
You know what always seems to work for me, peppermint shrimp. I get them from Kevin at Red Coral and they always do the job. The only problem is they usually end up being the main course for my six-line wrasse.
My pair of mantis shrimp kill them super quick I tried to buy 10 of them plus a few crab to distract the mantises and the still only last three days not even a nuff time to start on the problem
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 AM

Mike-fish is on a distinguished road

for lemon juice just pick up a bottle of lemon juice and a large bore syringe and your set. just draw up a shot of juice and stick the needle into their mouth and feed them some they will retract fast typically and may "implode" if they do just about sure fire you got them. iv done this in the middle of zoa colonies before ( watch your aim)