Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Beanz is on a distinguished road

Wow, I have really not been updating this thread. Ill start off from where I can remeber I left off lol.

Ok, so I moved the fish tanks out of my room cause they were causing mold and that is not so healthy for you. Anyways, I took the center brace out of my stand so I could fit the sump in and then moved all the stuff down to the living room. At this point I'm pretty sure I still just had the shrimp and snails cause that cool little blenny died from ich I think. I then got an emerald crab to help clean up the HA in the tank.

The tank just sat there for a while doing its thing, putting along and then Christmas rolled around. My mom really likes clown fish and wants me to raise them even though I told her numerous times that its a lot of work that I don't wanna do at this point in time lol. Anyways, she bought me a clown and my sister bought me one too! Finally had fish in the tank again! Then for my birthday, like a week after Christmas, my mom got me an anemone which was pretty cool but it seems to be having a rough go, but ill talk about that later. So that was how it was for a while, pretty awesome being able to chill in the living room and actually have something to look at in the tank that moves. Then my little MH light broke so I got a Coralife 4 bulb HO T5 fixture with moonlights. Friggin awesome thing, looks better on top of the tank, better coverage, I do miss the shimmer but I like the fixture a lot and can't wait to play around with the bulbs and get the color I really want.

Then I saw a post on here for a free mushroom and was like (score)! I went to his house and he gave me a whole bunch of hairy shrooms and (I think) ricordias on a cool piece of LR for free! Major score. So I got those in the tank no problem and they look really cool. Then I decided I wanted to go BB so out with the sand it was. Man that was a task and a half and it is only a 15g! lol I really like the look of the tank now and have been kinda playing around with the rock scape and I moved some stuff around today and think that I have found what I want. I just throw the pieces in the sump if I don't think they fit in the display and take em out if I find a use for them. Here are some pictures!

FTS as of today

New light

Left side of tank, shroom section.

Right panel view.

Left panel view, don't really view from this side but this is what she looks like

Cool picture of a mini brittle star hangin out on some schrooms

Middle section that I made today

Anyways, that all i have got for now. Let me know if you want any other pictures of anything closer or whatever. Oh and in the pics the shrooms were just fed so they were all swollen up and whatnot.

Last edited by Beanz; 02-14-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM

Beanz is on a distinguished road

Some more pics.
I think this is a ric. Any input would be appreciated.

Better FTS

Paisley and Xavier

Sorry the pics aren't that good guys but i just have my iPhone 4 until I get a tri pod which will hopefully be soon cause my buddy works at Future shop and can get them on cost. Then I'll have too learn how to shoot my tank with my canon :P Hope for some better pics in the future.

What I am planning on doing is making the right side of the tank a zoa place and then throw a couple LPS and hopefully the bottom of my tank will b covered in a combination of LPS, zoas and shrooms. I also want to maybe get a pom pom crab or two. Will these be ok with the emerald in there? And I also want to get a better skimmer, mine is kinda crappin out. I am also gonna make some filter socks out of felt polyester so i can just wash them a couple times and when they get clogged just toss them as I am just throwing a regular sock on the drain when I baste and that seems to be helping lower the detritus build up in the tank a lot and reducing the hair algae.

Last edited by Beanz; 02-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.