Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 02-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

call a carpet company. If its long pile and the spray is just on the surface they can shear the spot down a bit or if thats not possible they can cut a piece out of a closet and patch it. Depending on the pile it can be seamed in so its all but invisable.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

WOW thanks guy, its a rental place, its krylon fusion spray paint, its on the carpet i said rug in the title because it was shorter. hopefully i just hit the surface. i might have to call someone in.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

well i soaked the carpet in acetone, and most of it came up, its a rental so i didnt really want to pay 100 bucks to clean a little section, the wife doesnt even notice, i might tell her on a good day haha. so if anyone does that, just pour on the acetone. though i was using krylon fusion so that might have helped.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM

chwkreefer is on a distinguished road

I used Chem Dry with great success. I knocked over a quart of black oil based paint on light beige carpet. I thought I was hooped. We blotted up what we could and the rest was absorbed in. So we bought a spray can of Chem Dry. You spray it, agitate it on the carpet with the top of the sprayer and then blot with clean paper towels. We got the whole thing.

We were renting the place at the time so needless to say we were really anxious. But I know from experience that Chem Dry did the job for us.

Just so you know I don't work for them or anything like that. You can buy a blue spray container in stores. But we purchased a green bottle directly from the company and that was the one we used. They could be the same, but I would hunt down Chem Dry in the phone book and ask if they sell a stronger product. Explain what you are trying to do and they might be willing to offer some help and a stronger product if there is one.

Good luck,
Bill