Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2015, 03:49 PM

tlhood is on a distinguished road
Default 1-something "moving-I-should-upgrade" reef

I recently decided that since I will be moving, and setting up my space in the developed basement, I would seize the opportunity to upgrade my tank.

I currently have an RSM 130D with retrofit LEDs, and a tunze skimmer. While it was great as a first tank (sumps were pretty daunting), I soon found it was quite small and I was pretty limited in how I wanted to set it up.

We don't get into the house until August 31, so I only have a vague idea of dimensions until I can get in there and tape it up in the space. I do know where it is going to go. Since the tank will be in the basement in close proximity to the utility room (rather than being on the second floor in a bedroom), I am going to section off part of the room (which is wonderfully massive) to have an actual space to mix and store water and my RODI system.

The plan so far is to set up a LPS/Softie dominant tank, but will probably have a few SPS. The setup will be something like:

Custom 3 sides starfire
Eurobrace
external overflow on the rear
bean animal
48WX22TX24D (subject to change) I'll upload some Sketchup awesomeness later.
metal stand which I will end up skinning myself
ATO reservoir
Fuge
And sump of unknown dimensions

I've gathered the majority of my equipment from some lovely people in the city (and in Edmonton). Only really have to buy one more light and plumbing gadgetry.

I will be starting with all new rock, probably dry pukani, and new sand.