Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2015, 03:49 PM

clermont is on a distinguished road
Default Aquarium Controllers

Hi everyone,

Like almost everyone in this hobby I would like to explore ways to improve my tank and wondering exactly how people are using their Reef Controllers and the benefits from using them.

I currently do not have one but everything I use seems to be pretty well automated on its own for example, Lights have built in timer, Power Heads have controller, 2 Heaters so if one stops working the other picks up the slack, ATO fuctions with float switches, and my feeder has a built in timer and I test the salinity of the tank fairly often but with a larger tank it seems to always be within range.
From what I have read the best benefit for me would be with the PH probe but to spend the amount of money required to pick up a reef keeper I am not sure the benefit is there.

I guess I could save a little money by having it turn on fans when the temperature reaches a certain point rather than running the fans all day?

Maybe, you all can give me some ideas for the uses and some input on more of the benefits I would see from using one.

Thanks for any input