Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 AM

burrows14 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Bubble Magus BM180-CS Skimmer Reveiw

Hi Folks!

Over the next couple of months I will be doing a hands on reveiw of the new BM180-CS with the aquabee 2000/I pump for Aqua Digital. For the last three months I have been running a BM NAC7 with an Atman pump on my 120 gallon and have been really happy with its performance but I am upgrading tanks and cant wait to get this bad boy running The plan is to get many pictures,videos and answer any questions or concerns you have about this skimmer so please do not hesitate to ask

Stats:
Rated for 185g(Heavy Bioload)-240G(light)
dimensions: 9x10.6x20.4" (lxwxh) 7" at base
Pump: Aquabee 2000/I with needlewheel impeller 19w
Water level 9.5"-11"

I opened it up last night to find it very well packed which I also found with my first BM skimmer. After removing the foam you will have to do a little bit of assembly but if you've ever cleaned your skimmer you will find this a breeze. The acrylic is nice and thick and even without the pump installed the skimmer has a nice solid feeling to it After about 10mins of assembly I placed the skimmer in a bucket to give a nice RO/DI and viniger bath overnight. I would reccomend doing this cause just like my first BM when I looked in the bucket the next day I could see the amount of dirt and oil were left over from manufacturing. I will leave you with a few pictures right now and hopefully have the skimmer in my sump within a couple hours followed by more pics

Cheers
Ray

Last edited by burrows14; 03-11-2010 at 06:05 AM.