Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Here we go again. My center light is just flashing on and off. I've gone back through this thread and tried everything. Unplugged all the lights, reset to factory, everything and it won't stop flashing. Reef girl noted an issue like this and had to have her light replaced. Anything else I can try first?

For me it required replacing the ballast. Troubleshoot it by switching ballasts with another light unit and see if the newly switched light blinks now. Knock on wood but the radions are the only thing working correctly on my tank lately (besides the BBK skimmer, that thing is still my favorite). Apex controller is starting to really irritate me.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

The light just flashes on and off, no specific color, just all on or all off. I did reset it alone to factory but even during programming it would just flash. The fan is working. I've unplugged it for now as it was freaking the fish out.

I havent touched the lights since everything got sorted out a while ago and they were running fine.

I'll send an email to ecotech tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post
For me it required replacing the ballast. Troubleshoot it by switching ballasts with another light unit and see if the newly switched light blinks now. Knock on wood but the radions are the only thing working correctly on my tank lately (besides the BBK skimmer, that thing is still my favorite). Apex controller is starting to really irritate me.
I did this and now the left light is blinking. Did yours get replaced?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here we go again. My center light is just flashing on and off. I've gone back through this thread and tried everything. Unplugged all the lights, reset to factory, everything and it won't stop flashing. Reef girl noted an issue like this and had to have her light replaced. Anything else I can try first?
Mine did that a month ago..it was the ballast. Just unplug your troubled one from the ballast and try it on another ballast. Then try one that's working fine on the troubled ballast.

Aqua Digital was wicked fast in replacing my ballast!

If your reading this AD can I order an extra ballast, to have on hand as this seems to be a common problem?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I did this and now the left light is blinking. Did yours get replaced?
Yeah Concept shipped me up a working ballast and I sent them the faulty one. A pleasure dealing with them, as always. It was a quick fix but pretty annoying. Lights were working great and then out of nowhere one day the ballast went. I hadn't touched a thing.

Sounds like you are having the same ballast issue that Borderjumper and I had.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post
Yeah Concept shipped me up a working ballast and I sent them the faulty one. A pleasure dealing with them, as always. It was a quick fix but pretty annoying. Lights were working great and then out of nowhere one day the ballast went. I hadn't touched a thing.

Sounds like you are having the same ballast issue that Borderjumper and I had.
Yeah it's weird , things were working fine and then one morning when the lights came one one was flashing. It was flashing full power, curiosity makes me wonder what goes wrong with those ballasts....
Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Very weird! Mine was fine too. I walked into the room to grab a heater and when I was walking out, it started. I'll call Dave at concept tomorrow, that's where I got them from anyway. Gladits a fairly reasonable fix, they are still under warranty anyway!! Thanks for the help!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Curious about the terminology of 'ballast' for an LED fixture. Not that it really matters, but is that the official terminology used by EcoTech? If so, unusual, since most LED power supplies are called 'drivers' these days. It's possible that the drivers are in the fixture & the 'ballast' is just a generic power supply? I suppose I could find all this out by going on their site & checking the info... but what the hey, I'm on here now.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 AM

It's the power supply that's not working properly.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM

brotherd is on a distinguished road

Brutal light problems! I'm sure Dave can help you out if Ecotech is dragging their heels.