Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Marine Experience

Old 02-03-2007, 11:53 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road
Default 10 Percent Surcharge has been cancelled

Being that 1 of the 6 people that came to purchase some items from me today stole 1000.00 in a envelope from my money till, I am now adding a 10 Percent surcharge to any purchases.
This will be in effect till I make back the 1000.00 dollars.
I apologize for the increase. However, I don't charge enough money to take a loss like this without having some sort of recourse.
I feel my prices are still more than reasonable.
If the person who stole the money reads this - there are a few things I would like to say that I am sure would be edited so I am not even going to try.
I just want to make it clear, I don't suspect anyone in particular. I apologize to those 5 of the 6 people who came to my home today that didn't take the money that you were even insinuated in this. that wasn't my intent in the least.
Please try to look at it from my perspective and understand why I made the calls.
I feel that this whole thing is a kick in the you know where, as I really try to make an attempt to help people with getting what they are looking for at a reasonable price. So I feel that this is a slap in the face for the effort I make to people.
thanks for the support
Neal

Last edited by howdy20012002; 02-05-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

It's just not from your business but from your home, hope you figure who.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:26 AM

pat is on a distinguished road

A GOOD ASS WHOPPING sounds in order
Old 02-04-2007, 12:30 AM

Finaddict is on a distinguished road

neal , that is so terrible.....

And ya your prices were so reasonble, always one that ruins it for all..

dirt rotten B*******D
Old 02-04-2007, 01:16 AM

Fish is on a distinguished road

Neal,
That really sucks! Is it possible that there was someone else besides one of the six that could have taken it? Sorry, at least I didn't ask "where did you see it last?"

Having said that, why don't you report it to the police? Seriously, the theft of $1000 from your home is a police matter... insist that they send a car and not just take a report over the phone because you do have names. The innocent 5 customers should be more than happy to cooperate and should understand the intrusion given the circumstances. I am willing to bet that the guilty one will have a record for this in their past. A regular person doesn't do something like that for the first time...

Also, before that, you might want to open the door for them to anonymously return the money (or what's left of it) without any further digging or repercussions... that might be the best solution. JMO

Edit: Also, if you can be pretty sure that none of your customers were wearing gloves while in your house, than you should have some nice fingerprints on/in your till. There's no reason for any of those customers to be touching the till right?...
If I were you, I wouldn't touch anything... post a notice and give the person a week to mail the money back to you, after which you will go forward with the investigation and charges... and the shame, don't forget the shame. Whoever it was that succumbed to the weak moment should decide that it is in their best interests to get your money back to you.

- Chad

Last edited by Fish; 02-04-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

So sorry to hear about this Neal!

I do hope you are able to recover the money! Also, I definetly agree with Chad's post. If there was anything they had to move in order to pull them envelope, prints should be on there for sure.

Good luck in the Recovery of the money!

Chris
Old 02-04-2007, 02:38 AM

Fish is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

You might decide to hold off for a couple days just to give the person the chance to return it first... you know, save you the time and hassle in court - save the forum the scandal (it's one of those things that we'd almost rather not know, know what I mean?).
Post your mailing address and let the person return the money - best of both worlds.. or let them contact you via made up hotmail account etc.
I't sounds like a spur of the moment thing as opposed to premeditated - that tells me that they probably wish they could take back their mistake, and this would be their chance...
If you don't get any results that way, then, by all means, take the ugly route and contact EPS (and we'll watch the show).

- Chad
Old 02-04-2007, 03:00 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Unbelievable. I would gladly pay a 10% surcharge to any future purchases to help you get this money back.

Some people suck.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 AM

TRIX is on a distinguished road

Man that sucks. I sure hope you get the money back. I do know that if I had gone to see you that day I would be more than happy to speak to the Police just to clear my name and try to help you. Cause unfortunately those 6 people that come to see you, in the back of your mind there all guilty (Not to put words in your mouth). Man I feel bad for you.

Corals
Purple Mushrooms, Kenya Trees,
Fish/Inverts
Brittle Starfish,,Long spine Urchin,Snails,Crabs, Snowflake Eel,Coral Beauty,
Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 AM

Reefhawk1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reefhawk1

My wife works for the RCMP in morinville. She suggests filing a police report as soon as possible in this matter. If you give the chance for this thief to spend the money it is possible you may not see it again.

I Hope it all works out in the end. A 10% increase in price is nothing for the service you provide to your customers.