Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Canada Corals

Old 03-08-2014, 02:39 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Afternoon visit......

Some nice Indo LPS came in. Maricultured SPS has coloured up nicely. Enjoy the view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140307_153708.jpg (50.8 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140307_153634.jpg (48.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140307_153734.jpg (27.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140307_154031.jpg (54.5 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140307_154108.jpg (38.5 KB, 122 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 05:08 AM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

Hey Taipan. Do you do anything else besides visiting awesome coral vendors? What's your secret? You must have a money tree in your backyard eh? I'm so jealous man!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

uniboob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
Hey Taipan. Do you do anything else besides visiting awesome coral vendors? What's your secret? You must have a money tree in your backyard eh? I'm so jealous man!

He is the eyes of Ontario. A very key person to know if you are looking for something specific. The nice thing is he really doesn't take sides and helps them all, a true gentleman
Old 03-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Default I'm just a weirdo ;).....

No secret. Well....none that I can share . I've been at this long enough that most LFS in these neck of the woods are aware that I just don't shop for myself; I also shop for others that may not have the luxury of time that I have (occasionally).

Before the internet and the popularity of social media.....I kept to myself . Some that have accompanied me in the past; seemed to have enjoyed my roadtrips and escapades window shopping for reef candy. As such; I will occasionally post the items that I find appealing. What I find appealing may not necessarily be appealing to everyone (I'm an LPS guy at heart) - but it gives the LFS a boost and gives a new piece of information to the hobbyist with regards to availability and health . I believe good news (like new shipments and unique pieces) should be shared and shouted from roof tops. Bad news and criticism should be taken up in private. I generally won't create negative posts - or at least try not to.

Being neutral like Switzerland and keeping LFS proprietary information within their respective stores helps. Trust is earned. Helping others order, pick up at the airport, and unpack is earned. Is it really "work" when you're having fun? I've been fortunate to be asked to fill in for vacations, illnesses, maternity leave at various LFS at one point or another.

For me.....roadtrips and Oogling at reef candy takes my mind off of "real" work and is relaxing for me. In the past; when I traveled more frequently out West for work - I always made a point of dropping into several LFS. I also made time for Whistler, the Surf, Stanley Park, The Grouse Grind (I could see the Mountain from my window), beverages in Yaletown, Gastown, Kitsilano, The Island, and not to mention Banff, Jasper, The Stampede, yada....yada....yada....and more LFS lol

We are VERY spoiled in the Greater Toronto Area for corals and fish. It becomes a running joke of "who" the Usual Suspects will be seen at which new shipment etc..

Back to the topic at hand.....Canada Corals = some VERY nice reef candy and service (shouting from a rooftop).

.....I'm not sure if I answered your question.....lol
Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 AM

Wow, just the time you took to formulate and word your reply shows how much you love the hobby and the people you interact with. Just awesome. I don't know about other hobbies, but so far, the vast majority of reefers I've met have been very pleasant experiences. But you, sir, your reputation speaks for itself lol
Well done.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 AM

Thumbs up Road Trip.....

It also helps when I don't have a discernible social life . Thanks for everyone's kind words. For the record.....Uniboob has a great setup (not to mention great macro camera skills .

I'm assuming member "hunggi74" is up for a Road Trip in July - if my schedule permits? I haven't forgotten about you. My offer is open to you (and other out of town fellow hobbyists). Cheers.

Of course....Canada Corals will be on the itinerary.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 AM

:smilecol :