Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-20-2014, 05:02 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

I don't know if the other members that read your OP over looked what you said or think it doesn't matter. But did you not transport this rock for a while, cold water dip it and than leave out in the cold on your deck for a while? IMO you may have killed or possibly damaged it enough that it'll cause you problens like your experiencing now. Good luck
Old 11-20-2014, 01:32 PM

SaltyDog143 is on a distinguished road

I transported the rock from Edmonton in tubs in my car in the original tank water, got it all home moved to tank water into the Q tank added 5 rocks and fish to Q tank.

Next I took water out of my display tank put that water out on my deck to cool it. After it was cooled took the water in the house dipped the rocks in the cool water then placed them in the display tank water at room temp.

Once I was done with all the cold dipping I placed all these rocks in the display tank, aqua scaped and added the sand. Let everything settle over night then started up the pump and skimmer.

Few days later did the water tests listed in my original post.

Sorry if I wasnt clear in the original post.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:13 AM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

my two cents - there is a short list of creatures you couldn't pay me to knowingly put in my system. Mojanos are one of them. However, I've (thankfully) never had to deal with them personally, but if they're anything like aiptasia, there's nothing on live rock that I'd consider worth the trouble.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:32 AM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road

I am a noob as well and I thought the Majano was cool looking in my tank until it was everywhere within 3 or 4 months (Probably about 150 of em).

I went and found a majano wand for sale and zapped about 50% of them. The wand worked great, except for the ones hiding deep inside crevices. It could not reach them when they retracted.

The next thing I bought was a file fish, at first I did not notice much Majano disappearing, but about 2 weeks later, there was none. The file fish is still in there 4 months later and does not seem to eat anything else. I have heard that Filefish can cause issues or not even eat the Majano, so I guess I lucked out.

I had a few aptasia that the wand killed. The filefish ignored the Aptasia,
Old 11-27-2014, 02:02 AM

Interesting, I am hoping I have cleaned out all of the majano from the rocks before I put them in the display tank but only time will tell. Everything is moved over we even added a few frags, now lets waitcand see how thing fair. Here is the tank right now.

Last edited by SaltyDog143; 12-12-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDog143 View Post
Interesting, I am hoping I have cleaned out all of the majano from the rocks before I put them in the display tank but only time will tell. Everything is moved over we even added a few frags, now lets waitcand see how thing fair. Here is the tank right now.
That's a killer scape , I've seen a lot of tanks but that defies gravity literally
Old 11-27-2014, 02:05 AM

Why the hell is the picture upside down??????
Old 11-27-2014, 06:58 AM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road

There must be some new laws to science as another member figured out how to run a tank upside down also. Absolutely amazing!!! Looks great.

For the OP, the bristle worms - who cares, manjoes - if you have a rock that's covered, let it dry. If there are just a few, figure out a way to get rid of them!!

I got a syringe and needle and was injecting them with lemon juice, yes real lemon juice... They are all gone now but I was persistent... They either disappeared or fell off!!! If I got more I would inject lemon juice into them again!!!!