Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2014, 01:45 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road
Default honest opions about achillies in 180 gallon

Full disclosure I already own the achillies.

He was first pre qt in my frag tank, got eating well treated for flukes with prazipro twice then moved to a true 55g qt, observed for a week, treated with cupramine for just over 4 weeks which I am starting to phase out.

I have a 5 foot 112 gallon, 1 chevron tang, one clown, a few wrasses and 2 cardinals. I was planning on buying a 180 gallon as early as this weekend. I just need a new return pump (and eventually more lighting) have extra live rock in a barrel ect.

180 is the biggest tank size I can do. I am planning on moving within 1 year. I actually want to move my display tank off the carpet so it can be replaced and into an unfinished area of my basement. I saw a 5x3 tank for sale locally so I posted on RC to see if people thought the Achillies would be okay in this tank size vs 6x2 footprint. Well apparently 6x2 is no longer good for this fish.

While I certainly don't feel like I was bullied, I do feel I am being guilted into a 180 not being big enough. While the fish isn't going to die in a 180 I don't want to look at the fish I wanted for so many years always feeling bad he's in too small of a tank. I actually bought the fish first so I would have to buy this 180 when I move my tank vs draining it into a million buckets and rushing to set it up again.

Thoughts?