Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 AM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road
Default newbie adds ich... now what?

sooooo... ya, there was no QT and im sure my new pink spotted goby has ich. now what do i do? i really dont have alot in my dt. a couple of female mollies that keep having babies..(btw how many batches does 1 molly have? maybe they were both prego?), couple hermits, feather dusters and some snails. do i just wait it out? hope my new goby gets better? hope the molies dont sick? any advise would be nice. Thanx.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

If all the fish die...then you have an opportunity to leave the tank fishless for (8 or 9 weeks?). That will eliminate it from the system.

If not, you have to remove the fish... Or live with ich in your tank forever. There is no miracle cure.

I've always had ich in my system, and I possibly have had only 1 fish die from it.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 07-21-2011, 05:21 PM

ya was a newbie mistake and it wont happen again! is there anything i can do to make the chance of survival a little better for my goby? or do i just wait it out and see? my kids would b pretty upset if the little guy died.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Keep him well fed... I think that is the best you can do for him. Gobies aren't noted for having big problems with ich, so it shouldn't be a problem for him. (assuming that it IS ich you are seeing).
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04 AM

BMahura is on a distinguished road

My blue tang had ich and I added garlic to there food. With this and time they should be good. But like untamed said once it's in your system without taking all your fish out it will always be in their. Just make sure their eating and with time they should get better
Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 PM

im just assuming it IS ich... im actually not so sure tho now. in the lfs he looked really good, got him home and in the tank and he looked really bad (covered in white spots, even little sores almost) been what now, a day or two? i dont even see any spots at all now? not sure what it was or is... maybe in my system now? maybe was nothing to begin with? i appreciate the ich info tho if i ever do get an ich outbreak in my tank. this little guy is looking really good. eats all day if he can. at first the kids made me take the baby mollies out so they didnt get eaten. now the kids think its great watching him hunt down the babies and ask me constantly to put them back in... anyways thanx again guys, always the answers i need on canreef!!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKreefer View Post
im just assuming it IS ich... im actually not so sure tho now. in the lfs he looked really good, got him home and in the tank and he looked really bad (covered in white spots, even little sores almost) been what now, a day or two? i dont even see any spots at all now? not sure what it was or is... maybe in my system now? maybe was nothing to begin with? i appreciate the ich info tho if i ever do get an ich outbreak in my tank. this little guy is looking really good. eats all day if he can. at first the kids made me take the baby mollies out so they didnt get eaten. now the kids think its great watching him hunt down the babies and ask me constantly to put them back in... anyways thanx again guys, always the answers i need on canreef!!
read up on the stages of ich trust me its not gone they have now left the origional fish host and are now reproduced and now are in a larvae stage where they are gonna eventually look for more host.any healthy fish can fight an ich infestation its a matter of making sure your fish stay healthy,energetic and eat.clean water and a less stressfull enviroment go a long ways in the fight.good luck