Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Fustration

Ok so this morning I helped a friend setup his 25 gallon nano reef tank put an inch of sand down put the rocks I gave him in the tank setup the HOB Skimmer got the lights and timers setup for the aquarium gave him an old powerhead to circulate the water helped setup his RO/DI water system and mixed the first batch of salt water and then filled the tank up. We started at 10 this morning we were done by 1pm I get a call from him tonight asking why the fish he put in the tank was dying!!!!

I took my time over past couple of weeks explained to him and his wife about waiting and letting tank cycle got them to peruse canreef, Nano-reef and reef central forums and helped pick out the fish that would eventually go in the tank. He turns around an hour after I left went to the LFS bought a chromis threw it in the tank and then watched as it began to die because he figured the fish swimming in the tank would make it cycle faster.

I gave them all the knowledge and help that I could make available to him then he does a move that isn't very smart. Talked to him tonight and told him not to be so boneheaded and wait got his wife to promise to make sure he waits and to let me know if he isn't being smart.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....this is how I felt tonight ....frustrated to the nines