Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 AM

Koresample is on a distinguished road
Default Photos of DIY refugium and Aquaticlife fixture

Refugium in a new AC110, modified by making two chambers to allow for carbon and phosphate treatment, plus bubble trap and a large area for LR, LS and chaeto.
Top down view showing (L to R), main chamber, bubble trap/phosphate chamber/carbon chamber.
[IMG][/IMG]

View from rear showing the chambers and rubble etc.

[IMG][/IMG]

Coralife 2X9w 6700k light siliconed onto the top of the lid, i cut out underneath the lid with a dremel (didn't take a pic, but you get the idea).

Shot showing the awquatic life sittiing on the top of the tank. The four legs slide into a channel in the aluminum housing allowing you to slide them into position to sit on top of the tank, slick and easy!

[IMG][/IMG]

I have the coralife programmed for 8 hrs on, 16 off for now. I also have the intake plugged with foam to cut down the flow and the adjuster on the AC on the lowest setting. I would estimate i am getting about 50gph max flow right now. As soon as my trigger pods arrive, i am going to stock the fuge to feed the mandarin. I will post new images as the refugium matures. Comments and feedback/suggestions welcome!

I just got my test kits for CA, KH and MG today and i am reading CA 340, KH 11 and MG 1250...hopefully my calcium and magnesium show up this week so i can get those where they need to be!

Mike

Toad Stool
Colt Coral
Purple Shrooms
Red Shrooms
Candy Cane Coral
Hammer Coral
Moon Coral
Copper Banded Shrimp..and growing