Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 AM

Redrover is on a distinguished road

Thats a great story...LOL...Nice pic.

RJ
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

My wife's Porcupine Puffer is a little character too

They really make it worth setting up a fowlr (actually Poofie is how I got my wife to think setting up a fowlr was HER idea )

He mostly stays in one of his caves or tunnels but as soon as we go near, especially if we have a bamboo skewer (how we feed him Krill & Prawns), he comes right out & starts to beg. He is especially good at getting Irene to overfeed him

Thanks for sharing the story & picture. Our's only puffed up when I first bought him at Hidden Reef and when I added a Purple Tang into "HIS" tank.

Anthony
Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
My wife's Porcupine Puffer is a little character too

They really make it worth setting up a fowlr (actually Poofie is how I got my wife to think setting up a fowlr was HER idea )

He mostly stays in one of his caves or tunnels but as soon as we go near, especially if we have a bamboo skewer (how we feed him Krill & Prawns), he comes right out & starts to beg. He is especially good at getting Irene to overfeed him

Thanks for sharing the story & picture. Our's only puffed up when I first bought him at Hidden Reef and when I added a Purple Tang into "HIS" tank.

Anthony
Anthony,

Do you have any pics of your Puffer and FOWLR set up? I would love to see it if you do!

My guy seems to puff quite often actually. I was really worried about it at first but when he does it, he really does not seem stressed and its usually just for about 10 seconds and then he goes back to doing whatever he was doing. I have asked a bunch of people and apparently they sometimes do it randomly or for "practice". Im not really sure why mine puffs usually but today it seemed pretty obvious!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Palster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
Yeah Im not sure how many fish will allow you to "hold" them! I mean Im not squeezing or anything, I guess more like "cupping" him but Im still amazed that he lets me. Still can't beleive he got angry enough with me to puff though.
My Reticulated Puffer will allow me to hold him and even pick him up and move him into another tank. He is getting fairly big though so you have to watch your fingers when you feed him. I have been nipped a few times but I haven't actually been bit hard. He is a great fish with lots of personality. He hangs out at the top of the tank when I walk by hoping to get fed and will occasionally spit water out of the tank.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Puff is on a distinguished road

anthony's porcupine puffer is awesome!

great shots of the puffer GSP! one day i hope to have one