Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 AM

GoFish is on a distinguished road
Default Boat Thread

Ive seen threads with photos of Canreefers cars... How about boats?

Seeing as how i enjoy this hobby because i love the water, fishing, swimming, wakeboarding, scuba diving, fishing, and fishing (yes again).

This is my 99 20 foot Alumaweld Intruder (50 hours)
175hp Mercury Sport Jet
w/ 9.9 Mercury BigFoot kicker

Gets up on plane in less than 3 seconds and will run full throttle in 3 inches of water, though id never want to scratch it

Show us yer boats!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

No pics but from 1999 to 2001, I owned an 18.5' speedboat with seating for 6 (8 max) and a 220 HP BMW inboard motor. Max speed was 38 knots. My friend whom I bought it from used to do donuts around the BC Ferry running between Powell River and Comox. Could make it to Vancouver from Powell River in less than half the time it took to drive and ferry the same distance. Was great little boat but sold it when I moved back to the city cause I had no place to store it.

Anthony
Old 03-30-2014, 02:20 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

Never fished much growing up much but started recently started off with a 12 foot Lund. Picked this us last spring and out 230 hrs on it last year was a couple years old and had 28 when we got it.

360 Reef Tank
Old 03-30-2014, 05:09 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Our Sceptre 36 we owned until last spring. We've switched to bicycle touring for the next few years. A lot cheaper!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:59 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I can't find any pictures of my old boat at the moment it seems but... 8-9 years ago I worked for a wakeboard company, eventually working my way into the role of their tour manager. I ran a couple of the Wakestock events and did some tours through the USA. So, obviously I was going to need a bad ass boat, right?

I think my best day at work ever was the day I walked into my boss' office, where he sat me down and just stared me straight in the eyes for a few seconds before saying: "I need you to make a sweet boat. Here's the credit card. Don't stop until you can't charge any more on it". Challenge accepted!

Long story short, I ended up with a sexy new Wakesetter with a pull tower that was loaded to the nuts with speakers (I think the bill for the sound system - which we installed ourselves - was about $25k), custom graphics and interior, custom corvette engine that was pumping out 480HP and every bell, whistle and upgrade available. All said and done the bill was a good chunk of change over $150k. My boss loved it so much he wanted one of his own set-up for skiing the next summer.

My god that boat was awesome! And being able to spend two summers bombing around on it with the Reef bikini model team was just... Great! Why I gave all that up to go into full-time engineering and a PhD, I will never know.

I miss my boat...