Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2016, 01:52 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road
Default Places that ship fish airport to airport (air canada)

I've just moved to Northern Ontario. I actually brought my fish and corals with me and they all survived the day long trek. However due to the fact I could not move directly into my house I setup some temporary tanks in my parents bathroom who also live up here. I've since lost most of my corals and quite a few of my fish. Once I move in I will want to restock my tanks at least with some common fish and then decide what I want to do reef wise.

Unfortunately one of the downsides of living out here is no more weekly trips to the many reef shops in the gta. At least online stores in Canada are improving however I notice most places ship courier which doesn't really help me. Many airport to airport places use westjet which also doesn't help me. The closest airport to me is Sault Ste. Marie which is only serviced by air canada.

I am aware of j&l and actually have a clownfish I ordered from them almost 10 years ago but the flight time from Vancouver to Sault Ste. Marie plus the over an hour drive to my house is basically the same time as be going back to the gta to do some fish shopping. That being said I do plan on going back to southern Ontario a few times a year and will take that opportunity to get livestock sometimes. I'd still like to explore the online options and perhaps there are places I'm not aware of.

I will be stocking a 180, a 90 and a 112. I'm unsure of long term plans other then they will be themed tanks i.e. Soft coral only or sps only ect. One tank will have my haddoni amenone which has survived everything great so far so that tank will not have any expensive fish just in case.. My Achilles just slaughtered my copperband and it's starting to look like even stocking one tank with the fish I have left will be tough.