Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

Just a little wrap up to this story...

I filed a claim for insurance. So I wait,and wait and wait checking my mailbox everyday for the cheque. Nothing. In the meantime, the sporting store called and said they received my jacket finally and asked what I wanted to do with it. I said I didn't want it and told them I'm waiting for my claim money. So, still nothing in the way of any money ever came in. Called the UPS hotline and they said that since the store received the jacket, I don't get my claim. Called the sporting store who put me in touch with the investigator. Sent me directly to the UPS store I sent the package from and same story. Claim cheque came in but it was destroyed because the package was found. The investigator kept on working on this and then the story came out...he had told the sporting store to get rid of the coat, donate it to charity or whatever. Investigator wanted to give me $200 right there to just go away. I said no way. After some grumbling about this money coming out of his own pocket, he agreed to pay me the $400. So I wait some more and he finally calls. The sporting store still has the jacket, the claim cheque was destroyed, the package was delivered and there's nothing UPS can do. Called the sporting store and they're going to try to help me out...store credit. This is one sh*t storm I hope nobody has to go through. F'n joke.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Had a situation with UPS also, purchased a new set of Volkl RTM84 ski, from Calgary, dropped shipped from Ontario,

UPS damaged ths top of the ski, seller didn't to want assume liability, since I paid for the skis by Visa, Visa refunded the money

03/12/2014 11:15 A.M. Damage to package contents was reported. We will notify the sender. / We're investigating the damage claim.

03/12/2014 10:57 A.M. The receiver does not want the product and refused the delivery. / The package will be returned to the sender.

03/12/2014 10:56 A.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / All merchandise is being returned. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage. Edmonton, AB, Canada

03/11/2014 1:44 P.M. Delivered Edmonton, AB, Canada

03/10/2014 11:05 A.M. We've scheduled an inspection of the damaged contents and packaging. We'll provide the sender with the result

I ordered a set of Volkl V-Werk RTM 84 from a store in Ontario, shipped via FedEX, no damaged to box or skis

Last edited by scubadawg; 05-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:31 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

I've had more than a few occasions where a box that required a signature was just left on the front porch, no one was home but the website claimed someone signed for it. I'd much rather deal with Canada post.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 AM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road

I won't ever use ups ever again they are bad bad news for shipping anything.