Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Woops sorry not %50 i must be sleeping lol but its a fair bit for sure
Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 AM

Phil is on a distinguished road

I can see Facebook sites taking over pretty quick it's only gonna take one in Calgery and a few in bc.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

A Facebook site just isn't the same as a forum. For exposure of the company and their wares, sure. But for hobbyists, not even close. I am not privy to all the background workings of the forum but it is definitely a loss for the community whenever we lose a vendor.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Has anyone else noticed the drop in mods as well? .
Still the three of us here, but Tony has some stuff in life going on, and Christy just had her second little one, so she's tied up elsewhere for the most part. Both still manage items behind the scenes, but I just have more computer time. Doug has helped for years, but a recent events have pulled him away. Ryan, no idea. I think he's been abducted by aliens.
I had actually decided to pick you, Denny, as my replacement, but then you joined Dave and a conflict arose. Keener is part time on some forums, but he's too smart to take my job
As for the business side of things, while some are leaving, new ones are coming on board. It's always been that way. I have no idea what the rates are, I didn't know they went up, and I haven't heard any reasons for changes. We'll have to wait and see how things go. I know for Titus, this is simply a business, and if it fails to earn him a profit, I'd imagine he'd shut down or sell.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
A Facebook site just isn't the same as a forum.
It's also harder to manage. Oceanic did that, but without frequent updates/management, the following drifts off. I haven't even thought "Oceanic" unless he gets mentioned on the board. To really get the most out of it, you need a social media director. Which will typically be the owner, after all the other stuff gets done in a day.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
It's also harder to manage. Oceanic did that, but without frequent updates/management, the following drifts off. I haven't even thought "Oceanic" unless he gets mentioned on the board. To really get the most out of it, you need a social media director. Which will typically be the owner, after all the other stuff gets done in a day.

I also think its the stores fault, some of them were just waisting there membership fees, as some of them would never advertise anything or post pictures of orders. I do lots of group buys to non member stores and the onley reason is I cant get the pieces I want in town even after a few of us ask for stuff to be brought in. Can-reef has lots of potential it's just stores don't use it.

Last edited by Phil; 08-07-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:55 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Still the three of us here, but Tony has some stuff in life going on, and Christy just had her second little one, so she's tied up elsewhere for the most part. Both still manage items behind the scenes, but I just have more computer time. Doug has helped for years, but a recent events have pulled him away. Ryan, no idea. I think he's been abducted by aliens.
I had actually decided to pick you, Denny, as my replacement, but then you joined Dave and a conflict arose. Keener is part time on some forums, but he's too smart to take my job
As for the business side of things, while some are leaving, new ones are coming on board. It's always been that way. I have no idea what the rates are, I didn't know they went up, and I haven't heard any reasons for changes. We'll have to wait and see how things go. I know for Titus, this is simply a business, and if it fails to earn him a profit, I'd imagine he'd shut down or sell.
I figured they had some life things happening I know Christy use to be very active but I heard she had a little one too

There has been a decent spike in sponsorship fees which has led to a few sponsors dropping out, for concept I'm fighting with Dave to keep us here I do believe I can justify the use for canreef as a retailer but would help for sure if we knew why there was a rise, the pm myself and Dave got had no explanation.

I do hope this doesn't change canreef but its sad to see so many drop out in the same time frame, I know there will always be more sponsors but some of the ones we had were there for years.

Im gonna have to Start a petition called please don't take my canreef

With the way online shopping is taking over the market the need for forumn shopping isn't as important and information alone wont keep canreef going long term.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:10 AM

Lets start a poll
Old 08-07-2013, 03:30 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post

With the way online shopping is taking over the market the need for forumn shopping isn't as important and information alone wont keep canreef going long term.

denny i think forum shopping is a big part of online shopping. there are groupbuys that come up for new vendors that may one day become sponsers if they can get the clientele, which brings income. (mad jelly/big show) these are two shops that i come to know from canreef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Lets start a poll

haha i thought same
Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
denny i think forum shopping is a big part of online shopping. there are groupbuys that come up for new vendors that may one day become sponsers if they can get the clientele, which brings income. (mad jelly/big show) these are two shops that i come to know from canreef.

haha i thought same

Some off these new stores were even nice enough to donate to marine aquaria, frag/swap