Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
thanks doch, i would love to get an 8 bulb but i think the wife wants me to tone it down a bit price wise. i think with 6 bulbs i will get what i need for now, and im sure down the road i will either want more light or a bigger tank ( its always one of the 2 )
I hear you! I just made the big jump from a 55 to a 160 with frag tank and everything. It all adds up.

Not sure if you understood what I said... hard to interpret your reply... the fixture that I have is a 6 bulb. Excellent fixture, only problem is that it's not long enough for my new tank. Like I said, I'm in no rush to get rid of it... I'll make it work for my frag tank for the time being until I sell it and get my new frag lights. The bulbs have about 4 months worth of time left on them.

Also, talk to Steve at Red Coral Edmonton about a tank. His prices cannot be touched, and the tanks are top notch! Sure beats going down to Calgary for a pick up. Truth be told, his prices can't be touched on anything that I['ve seen so far. I got all of my equipment for the upgrade from him... wicked prices.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

AHHH maybe i need to edit it, the tank dimensions have changed from 6ft to just 3 feet. i will edit it so people understand what im talking about now. i posted the change below the basement pictures but i guess people missed it.

and i will talk to red coral about a tank also cant hurt to get different quotes for the same tank.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:03 PM

well good news im going ahead with the tank, got a great builder working on it, concept aquarium great people to work with, id recommend them to anyone.

i was hoping any t5 owners could chime in.

i have to get 6 bulbs and im looking for at around a 15k spectrum,

do you think
2x aquablue
2x blue plus
1x pure actinic
1x fiji purple bulb

would that give me the desired look or would that be too much blue? never had t5s before so not sure how to get it right the first time.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 PM

I liked the KZ line... 2x super Blue, 2x New Gen, and 2x Fiji Purple. Nice blue, but not too much.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 AM

thanks doch will i get that nice glow though if i wanted to do split lighting for dawn and dusk affect?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM

small update

look what came today.

just one of many things that will be coming soon. hopefully the tank will be soon
Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quick mod to the 6025 will allow for near the same flow as the 6045. Google it I run 4 modded 6025s and love'em.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 AM

well silly me i should of found that out before buying it, the reason i got the other one was because in case i dont want as much flow i can tone it down. having different flow rates has always been something i liked to do with the powerheads.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Yeah exact same pumps just different shrouds =)

Nice thing about the smaller Tunzes is the fact that they put out what they're advertised to put out more or less.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
thanks doch will i get that nice glow though if i wanted to do split lighting for dawn and dusk affect?
Oh for sure. All you'd do is run the 2 super blues for your dusk/dawn periods and shut everything else off. If your light is 3/3 with 2 power cords, run a fiji purple in there with the 2 super blues. hopefully our is 4/2. What fixture are you going to run?