Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 PM

warriorcookie is on a distinguished road
Default Seachem KanaPlex safe for inverts?

I need to treat a clown with tail rot. I have Seachem KanaPlex. Has anyone used it? Is it safe for my anemones (tube and RBT), clam (maxima), snails(whatever), pods, and corals(LPS, zoas)? Seamchem doesn't say anything one way or another on thier site or on the bottle.

I know tail rot is just a symptom of something else, this is a new fish though, so tough to tell if this is brought on by something he came with or something in my tank/I'm doing. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all 0ppm.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 AM

Wetweb talks about a freshwater dip for finrot??? I thought fw dip was only for parasites not bacteria/fungia...
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

From their site...

Q: Is this medication safe within a reef environment?
A: Officially we can not recommend any medication as being safe for a reef environment simply because there is no way to certify that a particular medication will be safe with the numerous reef creatures that could populate a given a tank. We recommend the use of a hospital tank as the best solution to treating disease and preventing disease in the main tank.
However, with that said, if you had no other choice and wanted to try this, at your own risk, it would not be expected that there would be any extreme adverse effects, but again I stress this is not a guarantee. If you do so, proceed cautiously.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 AM

Thanks Brad, I missed that on the site. Not really worth the risk imo. I've got a quarantine, I just hate causing more stress if I don't have to.