Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 PM

reef93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I agree with the feeding...cut down on how much you feed. The more you feed, the more the reproduce. I would even go as far as feeding every second day until the numbers decrease. A couple of coral banded shrimps are a good idea too. I've had them in my reef tank and didn't have problems with them.
Good luck Reef93

I know feeding is a proplem but I like to spoil my fish. They can have food 2, 3 times a day, because fish are my priority not corals. Since I followed Ken' instruction for a trap container, I have caught quite a few worms last night ... ranging from 5 inch grandparents, 3 inch parents, some kids ... to a half inch of their great great grandchildren worms ... Had been learning from my first lesson, this time I decided to have breakfast first before checking the trap. But that was a big mistake, when I opened it up and looked inside, it was almost 1/3 full of worms wiggling in there with all multicolor ... from orange, tan, gray .... to brown. I didn't dare to count how many, I just dumped the whole thing in the toilet. I almost wanted to throw up whatever I had eaten for breakfast this morning. What a terrible looking creature ! I think I had better look to get 2 coral banded shrimp to help take care of some more for me.

Last edited by reef93; 07-30-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM

reef93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLKT View Post
Actually, looking at the title do you mean bristle worms or brittle stars? Because the micro brittle stars can look a lot like worms (their tiny arms will wave out of the rocks.)

They are bristle worms, MKLKT. I have hundreds of brittle stars too but I love them.