Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 AM

Enigma is on a distinguished road
Default I Suck at SPS. Help please. :(

My monti cap has completely browned out. My tricoloured valida has completely bleached out (these two corals sit side by side . . . too much light for the valida but not enough for the monti??? how does that happen?). My red convexa is bleached out and may have stn'd (I can't really tell). My pink birdsnest is growing nicely but is a touch on the brown side (sits on the other side of the bleached valida from the birdsnest). My green birdsnest is growing like crazing, but is partly browned and partly bleached (not sure how that actually happens!).

And, I'm so lame, that on top of all of that I succumbed to temptation and bought a pretty pink monti cap today. I just couldn't walk away from it with the price I was offered (shopping with my bestie, who we'll call "Double-D," seems to have advantages).

*sigh* Yes. I'm going to take photos and get them uploaded (of the corals, NOT my bestie). I'm just a little embarrassed about the state of them, especially since a couple of them were doing really well . . . then I switched lights . . . then I treated with Chemiclean . . . and I've done a couple of mild "blackouts" where I turned my lights off for three days.