Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

I have been following this thread with interest and would like to share, as a person who prefers to shop online. I don't like to spend alot of time driving around. I am in no way affiliated with any vendors and I have in the past purchased from Canreef sponsors. I spend the time to check out posts regarding them and PM other members who have bought from them. If I cannot find any posts about them, I create a thread and ask for opinions.

I regularly purchase from a supplier and when checking them out was told I would have a couple of issues. I do have these issues, and continue to deal with him because I can deal with the issues. In reading posts regarding him, I got what I expected. I have purchased twice in the last two months with another supplier and all my expectations have been met (if not exceeded) by him. In reading posts regarding him, once again, I got what I expected. I purchased from a major supplier in the US and the replies I received warned me about major Customs charges. Once again, I got what I was warned about.

I am currently dealing with another sponsor of Canreef regarding a major purchase. I have done my research, checked references and I am very confident that next month, I shall be posting a picture of my purchase, along with a big Thank You.

It is up to all of us to check thoroughly the places we spend our money. Would we walk into a dirty little shop with dirty tanks and hand over our money? Since you cannot be at the place you are spending your money when dealing online, let the other members be your eyes. I am sure that you will find that the members of Canreef can be brutally honest with you.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

First of all, for those who seem to be unhappy with the board, perhaps instead of issuing ultimatums and grandstanding, you could consider running your own board.

It has already been stated that we are discussing what options we can implement for the future. Please feel free to offer constructive advice and suggestions, but please recognize that we can't implement all of them.

As staff here I feel my shins kicked slightly after reading some of these comments. I'll say this: if the thinly veiled attacks of the staff continue, then the response from the staff will be appropriate. Constructive criticism welcome, unconstructive criticism not.

Last edited by Delphinus; 08-09-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:29 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post

I for one will not be dealing with Canreef sponsers any more until there is some assurance of quality from the person/people taking the payout for the banners.
Your kidding right?

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
First of all, for those who seem to be unhappy with the board, perhaps instead of issuing ultimatums and grandstanding, you could consider running your own board.

It has already been stated that we are discussing what options we can implement for the future. Please feel free to offer constructive advice and suggestions, but please recognize that we can't implement all of them.

As staff here I feel my shins kicked slightly after reading some of these comments. I'll say this: if the thinly veiled attacks of the staff continue, then the response from the staff will be appropriate. Constructive criticism welcome, unconstructive criticism not.
I agree we must offer constructive criticism. Moderation of this site would not be an easy job.

I guess my only feelings on this topic are:

Truth never fears investigation ie if you are a quality vendor most will have nothing bad to say about you so have all the threads you want, and if they do go bad good vendors want to know so they can fix it. Like ebay there will always be a few yoyo's who leave bad feedback but those people are seen for what they are when standing next to everyone else's opinions.

I've seen posts bashing vendors and others are quick to the rescue because the vendor is a good one. That being said I think "vedor reviews" should not be so quickly moderated. The truth will come out, and if its a bad truth that gets deleted researching that vendor quickly become difficult.

I do know that I don't think the vendor fee should buy immunity, and if a vendor has a problem with posts about them not getting deleted they are probably not the kind of vendor we want on canreef.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:08 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post

I've seen posts bashing vendors and others are quick to the rescue because the vendor is a good one. That being said I think "vedor reviews" should not be so quickly moderated. The truth will come out, and if its a bad truth that gets deleted researching that vendor quickly become difficult.

All fine and dandy until someone threatens legal action. Are the members of the board ready to cough up money for the lawyers needed?

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post

I for one will not be dealing with Canreef sponsers any more until there is some assurance of quality from the person/people taking the payout for the banners.
Good for you. That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard on here all month. What? Now we're the better business bureau? Oh, I guess you don't use yellow pages either? Or read newspapers? OMG, don't listen to the radio or watch TV, there might be untrustworthy advertisers.
Sheesh. I know. I'll call the vendors and ask them if they're stand-up guys? Hello? No, you're not, you suck? Oh, well then, you can't buy advertising space from us then. Thanks for being upfront about sucking.
Christ, I've had complaints about every vendor in town from somebody at some point. We'll kick them all off. Good plan.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
I do know that I don't think the vendor fee should buy immunity, and if a vendor has a problem with posts about them not getting deleted they are probably not the kind of vendor we want on canreef.
Just so you're aware, this is pretty much how the staff feel and are discussing options to add substance to this thought.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I find it sad that anyone with a credit card # can become a vender here
you're right. Let's kick Snappy off the sponsor list, he's just some guy selling frags and who owns a credit card. Another wonderful comment.
sigh...
Old 08-09-2008, 03:48 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Double Sigh... No Snappy!!! No we can't do that just because he has a credit card. Oh wait, let me check his references from other reefers.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Patrick1 is on a distinguished road

So rather then getting all bent out of shape, pointing fingers and saying "well until people do this or that". Your the buyer, you make the final decision. Not the people running the forum, not the people on the forum, not the vendor.

When I joined the forum I read the rules and had a choice to accept them or not be a member. Yeah sure kick out the banner ads and we can all share the cost of running this site.

Or my understanding of things there is no rule against posting "ANY ONE DEALING WITH VENDOR 'X' PLEASE PM ME"

Is it just me or does that not make more sence then beating the staff of the forum over the rules we all agreed to.
Closed Thread