Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road
Default NOTICE

If I see one more post about wah demise of free speech, why can't I speak my mind, we hate vendors etc, this board will be closed to all forums except for the vendors forums. I've had it with the lot of you. Seriously, take your free speech somewhere. I'm not getting my arse sued for a stupid reef board.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Christy is right. We all need to take a chill pill here.

I can maybe answer some of those questions that were raised in those other threads though.

1. "Why was my thread deleted ???"

A: Because the thread was reported as harassment. Vendor or user, good business or bad business, it doesn't matter. Harassment and bullying is something we should be avoiding here. You may not see it as harassment and that may have not been your intent, but if someone feels that they are being bullied then it needs to be addressed.

2. "Where's my freedom of speech ???"

A: The short answer is, it simply does not exist here. I will start off by saying that it is not our right to be here and to do or say whatever we want. It is a privilege. A privilege that we are granted based on faith. Faith that we will abide by the rules set on this board. Think of it this way, if an invited guest comes to your house and starts slagging your family, you have every right to kick them out. They may have the right to speak their mind, but in your home, you have the right to sensor them by kicking them out. Try going to a storefront and start harassing the owner or the employees or the patrons. You will likely be kicked out of that establishment. Let's all remember that we are the guests here. As guests we have our own set of responsibilities. These are simple, be gracious and abide by the rules. If you break these rules you are going to be moderated. This is not unique to Canreef. This is the Internet. Sure, there is freedom of speech on the internet, but let's face it, most internet sites are owned by stakeholders of some sort. Comments on websites are moderated. ALL THE TIME.

3. Aqua-Digital Products and Services??

A: Michael has graciously opened up a thread to discuss topics of interest to him regarding AD products and services. If you feel you want to join this discussion, there is where the discussion should be. Just keep these points in mind: The vendor's thread is their own. They have every right to delete posts as they see fit. If they feel a discussion is going off topic they have every right to remote offending posts. You may not agree, and you may not like it, but that's the way it is. Starting a new thread about the vendor really isn't going to solve anything. All that does is generate more animosity in the community.

Come on guys, we are a community of like minded people. We're all here to share and discuss reefing topics. At the end of the day, we need each other. Yes, we all know that we need the vendors to help support Canreef. Canreef needs its user base to help support the Vendors. The users need Canreef to help, well, with reefing. I know that many of us can tend to get to a point where we are complacent about this. Be considerate. There are a lot of new reefers here looking for help. They're searching and combing the forum for as much information as they can. We were all there at some point.
Closed Thread