Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Cugio

I have had no problems with my unit. Lets see if we can figure this out together.

Did you download the latest my reef program from their website? You have to create a user account on their forum site in order to download it or see the link.

Plug the SID v2.0 to your controller and then plug it into your USB port. Then start the my reef program. it should show up and let you upgrade the firmware.

Then plug one module in at a time by connecting it using the adapter. Refresh the view in the reef program or close the program entirely and then open it again. It should then show up. Now update the firmware on the module. The the same for the next item, but don't unplug the previous module from the controller, keep it plugged in.

After your done updating the firmware, do a hard reset on the controller.

Now unplug the SID and plug then plug the controller back into the computer with all the modules attached. you should be able to program them using the software.

Last edited by Cugio; 10-03-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 AM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef93 View Post
I have a digital aquatics ... and it is driving me nuts too. And I think I am the most dumbest person in this hobby. I had asked someone at J&L to help me twice already, and the last time I wrote it down whatever he told me to (I should have looked what his fingers were doing with the head unit at that time instead of just listening) Now I can not even understand my own %&^!# writing . I had went through their web site and printed out the user guide, but still didn't help me at all. Damn it ! I just hate myself !
what do you need help on or trying to program?? I might be able to help

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 10-03-2011, 03:48 AM

reef93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexifd View Post
what do you need help on or trying to program?? I might be able to help

My hero, my dear friend, it's you to help rescue me again Let me try for a few more times before I accept how stupid I am. By the way, I had sent you a PM about a week ago, let me know if you are interested in the pellets because they are ready for you now. If you do let me know, I may bring it to you together with the controller unit.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:12 PM

reefme is on a distinguished road
Default RKE

I have 2 of RKEs. One is running, the other setting up for new tank.
If you live close by I could help you out if I know.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:43 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
...My only complaint is that I'm too lazy to send my SID in for the upgrade... I guess I'm on the bum draggers list!! lol

I'm in the same boat, I set up my RKE and since then everything is working great so...why bother upgrading.

IMO the DA stuff is all good, way easier to program and more stable than the APEX (I have both).
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale262 View Post
I'm in the same boat, I set up my RKE and since then everything is working great so...why bother upgrading.

IMO the DA stuff is all good, way easier to program and more stable than the APEX (I have both).
I've heard a few people say this... I'm shocked to hear people complain about it. I love mine.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 10-03-2011, 10:50 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef93 View Post
My hero, my dear friend, it's you to help rescue me again Let me try for a few more times before I accept how stupid I am. By the way, I had sent you a PM about a week ago, let me know if you are interested in the pellets because they are ready for you now. If you do let me know, I may bring it to you together with the controller unit.
I can take the pellets... PM me on what you are trying to program.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3