Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2017, 01:06 AM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road
Default Just sharing my experience with ecotech support

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.
So after my mp40 crapped out on me I contacted ecotech support.
They were really quick to get back to me and suggested to deal with a dealer in Canada to solve the issue, as I live in BC.
After trying to contact all the ones on the list the only one getting back to me was Reef wholesale in Ontario.. they took a while to answer my email as I was trying to figure it out what was going on with the pump.
So my mp40 was an old Wes with upgraded wet side and driver to wqd, I told this to ecotech and RW more than once in previous emails.I been using ecotech pump for 4 years, just have to specify this.
In June I was going to put the mp40 in my DT as wanted a bit more flow in the tank, then discover that the pump was not working. Was perfectly fine 3 months earlier before decided to clean it and stored in closet.
After a few weeks of a few emails with reef wholesale they tell me to ship via FedEx the pump($27) for troubleshooting.
Waited 2 weeks and decide to contact them to see if they got the pump, they did , but had to wait a week because they were at MACNA. Ok, waited 2 more weeks then I call them. Patrick told me he was going to get into it asap.
Just after 30 min or 1h he send me an email, saying the pump was bit and pieces of an old Wes and a qd, thank you brother!!!!
After he send me back an email with some details :
Wetside had a broken magnet
Maybe need it a new dry side
And a new power supply as the Wes dry side and power supply apparently doesn't work with the QD director(BS worked for me for almost 2 years).
At this point when I got upset ,they let the ecotech guy contact me and telling me have to pay shipping to get the pump back, more wood to the fire...
At this point I gave up and am going to pay 27$ to get my pump back as they first told me if I wanted a new pump should ask Fragbox and maybe buy a new pump, some frags and they will ship my old pump back altogether ahahahah.
Second e mail asking 299$ for a dryside and $70 for power supply, holy I can buy almost a brand new pump at The store as there is a discount on ecotech Canada wide....
I don't know how RW have 5 stars on their FB page.
My experience was terrible , don't wanna buy ecotech products ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk