Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 02-02-2015, 05:33 AM

brotherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops_reefer View Post
time to get a new tank and make the room mate pay for a realistic replacement. its like some parent not watching their kid outside while they scrub your immaculate black car with a sponge that keeps falling into sand.

its not just an "ooops sorry" - and even worse when you've been clear about it. no patience for people with no respect or ****ty parenting capabilities when it comes to making sure their kids learn respect"
+1 kids will be kids but if this was an issue before. And it still happened. I hope they give you the good cc #
Old 02-02-2015, 05:43 AM

brotherd is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, we inevitably have kids of all ages over from time to time, sometimes when I'm at work or out of town which causes me concern . I've never encountered your situation. I would be choked too.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I'd be equally as angry with the roommate. If he wants friends over they're his responsibility. And this has been brought up before! I'm getting angry here myself! I'd have totally flipped out youre a better friend than I am.

I had jay (built my 225) come over with his pro polishing machine. Cerium oxide etc. he could make the scratches in the 97 I bought off him better but not gone. It creates thinner parts in the glass which can then start to create distortions. Sounds like you'd have to thin down a lot of glass

Last edited by lastlight; 02-02-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

I can relate to this. Some old timers here might remember when I lost my whole tank from when some kid(s) dumped some kind of substance into my tank while guests were over and lost everything. Never did receive any kind of compensation over it except for some kind help from a few members here to help clean it up. Lots of should of, could of done this or that from both sides when you share a space with someone. Hope all works out for you.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:25 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Awe man seems like u been having a lot of bad luck with ur tank lately. Yea take them to small claims court
Old 02-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops_reefer View Post
time to get a new tank and make the room mate pay for a realistic replacement. its like some parent not watching their kid outside while they scrub your immaculate black car with a sponge that keeps falling into sand.
I didn't think of it that way, that's a good point. You can invite the parents over to help you move the new tank in and transfer it all too so they understand the size of the problem. Then you can send them a bill 6 months later for the livestock you lost in the move. So many people think "oh it's just a fish tank". Yep, just a fish tank until you have to pay for it.

SPS fanatic.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:07 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
I can relate to this. Some old timers here might remember when I lost my whole tank from when some kid(s) dumped some kind of substance into my tank while guests were over and lost everything. Never did receive any kind of compensation over it except for some kind help from a few members here to help clean it up. Lots of should of, could of done this or that from both sides when you share a space with someone. Hope all works out for you.
That's always a worry I have.

I also keep freshwater dwarf shrimp and some of the stores in Japan let you choose and net your own but I guess it's expected when you're paying $500 for a 1/2" shrimp. If I were the shop owners I would make people scrub up to their elbows before they got a net. It would be tragic if they contaminated a tank with hundreds of these shrimp.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:27 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronau View Post
That's always a worry I have.

I also keep freshwater dwarf shrimp and some of the stores in Japan let you choose and net your own but I guess it's expected when you're paying $500 for a 1/2" shrimp. If I were the shop owners I would make people scrub up to their elbows before they got a net. It would be tragic if they contaminated a tank with hundreds of these shrimp.
What kind of shrimp costs $500 each or is this super exaggerated.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:35 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
What kind of shrimp costs $500 each or is this super exaggerated.
Pure Line Crystal shrimp and no, $500 in under what they can go for. The top quality shrimp go to auctions and fetch over $1500. Not very common here as there is no market for them. I'm a shrimp freak and the most I would pay would be $300 - $400.