Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronau View Post
Was it like this out of the box? Damage from shipping?
It was very well packed. I received it 3 weeks ago and I wasn't able to thoroughly inspect it until I was able to get it in the house. It's passed the water test so tank transfer is today. As bad as the chips look I've found a solution that would be easier than the hassle of sending it back a province away. I'm going to put some wood moulding that matches my stand around the edge of my tank. Finished the plumbing yesterday and today's the big day. Will post pics later.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:30 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
No it's on the side. Either way it's not acceptable. If it leaks or blows out I'll be calling a lawyer before using house insurance after talking to builder about it this morning.
Ya it looks worse than it is I'd say, it is what it is to bad but if you can trim it up I'm sure it'll be fine.
Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Well it took three days to finally get my tank up and running. I only lost a my pistol shrimp. Could'nt find him when I took the half circle down, i'm sure he's dead as I have'nt heard the snapping in the new tank yet.
her's my stand. There's alot of unused space in it as everythings in my basement so I thought i'd make my wife happy and put a wine fridge in it. The stand is 38" tall. No bending down to look at the tank.

I put felt on the bottom of the stand so I could push it across the floor. I had to have all the plumbing done as I wanted my tank transfer to be quick and easy.

I used the outer holes for my main drains and the two inner holes for my emergency drains. I went with the Herby design.
Here's the plumbing

Inside the stand, I anchored it all cause I was'nt sure of the weight of the water in the pipes and did'nt want any stress on the bulkheads.

Flex tube to go from tank in to basement, figured it was was easier than using PVC pipe.

Cleaned up the piping a bit in my basement as well.

This is the lid I made out of pieces of acrylic and mesh. Nothings getting out of here.

Everything is in it finally

I'll take some pics later of the tank. Not too in to it right now, my hands got cut up from handeling the rocks and corals. Hands are killing me and infected in all cuts.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:31 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Looks great. And good idea utilizing the stand for a "beer" fridge
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

What a journey!! Great set up. I'm jealous your sump is in the basement, would love to move mine.... Gotta ask how you skinned the stand?? I really like it, clean lines, I'm skipping the wine fridge tho.....don't like wine.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Haha yea I don't like wine either, well the next day. It's for my wife. My beer fridge is in the garage. Stand was built by a cabinet company. There is no holes at all drilled in to the stand. The panels all screw to each other and than corner peices are placed over the screws. The top is a 3/4 piece of plywood. It's wider than my door so I had to assemble it in my house. It's pretty heavy. The steel stand is 188lbs and the wood is maple so I'm not sure what that weighs.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:16 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Well, I like it! It's very well done! Wish I'd thought of doing mine before placing the tank on top but I'm not a very patient person and wanted to get it going...
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Good God Man
That looks awesome
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Haha yea I don't like wine either, well the next day. It's for my wife. My beer fridge is in the garage. Stand was built by a cabinet company. There is no holes at all drilled in to the stand. The panels all screw to each other and than corner peices are placed over the screws. The top is a 3/4 piece of plywood. It's wider than my door so I had to assemble it in my house. It's pretty heavy. The steel stand is 188lbs and the wood is maple so I'm not sure what that weighs.
Wow looks great Bill, jealous as hell I want my sump in the basement too.
All I need is a basement first.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 AM

darkreef is on a distinguished road

Wish I could have my sump in the basement . That's a neat Idea with the fridge