Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 AM

summer57 is on a distinguished road

Aug. 9 is fine with me, and either Sunday or Saturday ... but I prefer Saturdays!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:33 AM

Wretch is on a distinguished road

I work sundays so its no good for me but do whats best for the majority. If I can't make it hope you all have a good time.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

As I stated earlier on in this thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
And Rich & Joe
I'm OK with August 9th if the guys are, but after summer Sundays aren't the best for me. Only weekend day I get to spend time with my Wife.
I was trying to make it clear that I'd be OK with a date change if all us regulars could make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
I work sundays so its no good for me but do whats best for the majority. If I can't make it hope you all have a good time.
We started this particular pub meet, so if you can't make it on the requested Sunday, then it's going to stay Saturday as I originally proposed.

After all, we (Rich, Warren, Joe, Laurie and Myself) were the only ones to consistently show up, and it's my thread

WE ARE BACK TO SATURDAY, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Others can start their own meets if they are so inclined. (.)

Sat Aug 8th it is !!!

And if I end up there all by myself, then so be it

Last edited by gregzz4; 07-03-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:34 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

Good luck to Ya . Wish I coulda joined .
I love beer & reef talk !!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:33 AM
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron6977 View Post
Good luck to Ya . Wish I coulda joined .
I love beer & reef talk !!!!
Sorry Mark

I checked with all our regulars before posting the thread, and we all agreed on the date.
Once the suggestion of changing the date came into play it was all good until one of our regulars couldn't make it.
So, for this time anyway, we'll have to stick with Saturday.

Before I posted this thread, I checked with our core group of regulars, and waited 'till they all responded ... including you Laurie! You know I've known you the longest out of the group ?
Anyway, once we've set a date where ALL of the core members can attend, I'm not going to deviate from that date if someone can't make it.

So, I put my foot down and, this time around anyway, the date is firm for Saturday the 8th of Auqust.

Maybe in September we could have 2 meets .... Saturday and Sunday

There's nothing stopping you peeps that can't make Saturdays from starting your own meets ...

Pick your location, a pub, and a time. Post a thread .....

Last edited by gregzz4; 07-03-2015 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:00 PM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road

Do not mean to hijack or anything, but has it ever been considered to hold these meets at a reefers home? The reason I ask, is that I am new to this hobby and have tons to learn. I would think that newbies would benefit by having the experienced reefers see their tanks and offer advice. I know I personally would fork out some cash for beverages and food to glean that expertise. If it was held at an experienced reefers home everyone would get to see some pretty cool stuff, so newbies could see different setups and why, while experienced reefers could see things like rare corals to trade, or different light setups etc...

Anyways, was just wondering.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Good idea... and tank tours have been done in the past. Feel free to start your own thread anytime. You made some good points there which are interesting, but unfortunately Greg's Thread is not the best place to discuss. I'm not being critical... I'm just worried about your safety lol.

We will be changing up the dates and times for these socials in the future. Greg mentioned the 'core group', which is something I personally don't want these socials to be pegged as. We want to encourage more people to show up... it's good for the local hobby, and newbies looking for information and making contacts and friends.. Therefor different days and times will be made available.

Last edited by WarDog; 07-03-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 PM
On Hiatus

I only mentioned the 'core' group in relation to why the date was picked this time.
There was definitely no intention of leaving anybody out or making anyone feel uncomfortable to attend. On the contrary, I would like to see as many people come as possible and that's why I wrote at the end of my first post explaining what the meet is all about.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 PM
On Hiatus

And for the record, I think the idea of doing it at someone's house is a great idea
Only issue I see is not knowing how much food to have on hand 😊
Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I only mentioned the 'core' group in relation to why the date was picked this time.
There was definitely no intention of leaving anybody out or making anyone feel uncomfortable to attend. On the contrary, I would like to see as many people come as possible and that's why I wrote at the end of my first post explaining what the meet is all about.
+1

Quote:
And for the record, I think the idea of doing it at someone's house is a great idea
Only issue I see is not knowing how much food to have on hand 😊
That's what Domino's is for!