Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road
Default The Demise Of The Sebae Anemone

Well the title says it all, I have a sebae anemone that isn't fairing too well. He has been white with purple tips for as long as we've had him and even though he hasn't taken any large pieces of food he’s taken Mysis and Brine shrimp etc.

He’s never been comfortable in the nano tank and has wandered around the tank from the first placement to five or so different spots and then back to the first place I put him. Now he’s obviously in decline because he isn't attaching any more. I took him out of the nano yesterday and tried to give him a spot in my main tank but he wouldn't attach to any place I put him; rock, sand or glass.
Is there any advice I can get on how to bring this little guy around? His polyps (tentacles) are still somewhat puffy; not saggy and empty like when he is shocked. But no matter where I try placing him he doesn't want to attach.

Water parameters are down the middle for ideal reef settings with the exception of the water being slightly hypo-saline (1.024ish). The unit has a heater and a chiller so the temperature swings a maximum of four degrees. It’s a 24g Nano Cube with a small power head being used as a wave maker and has a 150w metal halide fixture (14k bulb).

I’m hoping to save this little guy, I hate taking responsibility for a life and have it not turn out well.