Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 AM

ReefOcean is an unknown quantity at this point

And BTW, this is clearly finger pointing. If it wasn't, you would have just recited your story and left out the link to his add. This clearly an attempt to run him off the board. This is not a buy/sell ad, please remove.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM

mexxedm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Could this not have been taken to PM's? I am sure the buyer is likely a reasonable guy and would have compensated you to some degree of satisfaction had you not sold him out for everyone to see.

I also think it is up to the buyer to request pictures if they are not picking things up in person. I am sure it worked fine for the seller prior to the sale of it so it doesn't sound to me like he was doing anything shady or fishy.

I am sorry you didn't get what you were expecting but that does happen on occassion and I really do think it is the buyers responsibility to take extra precautions when buying things sight unseen.
Wow, this sounds like it's the buyer's fault for buying junk stuff. You should put your self into the buyer's shoes and feel his pain. A seller needs to sell you stuff like this so that you can feel the buyer's frustration and money lost.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:19 AM

clownyfish is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
And this why you don't buy used equipment.

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

I am always surprised on how much people fork out for used stuff on this board.

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

I find this thread slanderous and it should be removed.
Not all the reefers are as rich as you to buy new equipments... and not all the reefers are as an a**h*le as you to tell admin to remover this thread. I am sure tons of people saw this thread and no one says a word like you.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:21 AM

clownyfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And BTW, this is clearly finger pointing. If it wasn't, you would have just recited your story and left out the link to his add. This clearly an attempt to run him off the board. This is not a buy/sell ad, please remove.
I am sure you are a friend of the seller or maybe you are the seller whom uses a second account to be a jerk
Old 04-01-2012, 09:38 AM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

I had a problem with a seller a couple years back on 6speedonline, where I a purchased a spare CD player for my Porsche, and I did not receive the item, it was paid on Paypal, I consulted with the Adminstrator, before posting posting any names on the Forum. The adminstrator locked all future sales until it was resolved.

C&P: as you will be able to see all of XXX's for sale threads have been locked and he has been told he can no longer sell on 6 speed until he settles with you...keep me posted on your situation..thanks, admin

Got a message from Paypal, that they recovered part of the money, not the full amount, yet
The actual amount owing is $165.00
Status
We were able to recover $158.26 USD from the seller and processed a refund to you.
What happens next
We're working with the seller to recover the rest of your refund. We'll let you know when the seller is able to full refund your payment.

that is almost great news...would have rathered you had received all your money back...let me know when you get the rest...I guess shutting down his little selling frenzy did the trick...admin

I did recover the full amount of the refund.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 AM

fido19 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey it really sucks that you got a faulty unit, i have had a similar experience being sold an item which wasn't as advertised but here is something you need to remember always ask for a picture with a time-stamp if you can, specially if the item is being shipped to you. its a good rule of thumb to keep in mind for next time
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM

waynemah is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something
Agree!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Cal_stir is on a distinguished road

How about "The Forum of Shame"

Buyer beware cuz there are some Dirty, Rotten, Lying, Thieving people preying on these boards.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM

troni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And this why you don't buy used equipment.

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

I am always surprised on how much people fork out for used stuff on this board.

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

I find this thread slanderous and it should be removed.
Quote:

20g reef 25g sump, DIY led form modular led, 2 false percs

Closed Thread