Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-02-2004, 08:56 PM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpentersreef
My issue with your previous post was that you took no responsibility for the death of the anemone.

Mitch
You stand corrected my friend, Who said the anemone is dead. what I was trying to say in my previous post is that I can not take into account for everything that happens in my tank and can not control where everything is placed. yeah I could have put foam on the intake, but it is not a MUST

To add to this, You can expect everyone to follow all the rules. for example The law says you should drive ,like what, 50km/h but who really does. i know I dont. even if you do everything correctly , follow all the rules, Things just happen unexpectingly and you cant do anything bout it. This is my analogy for not taking it slow in the hobby, and I have not have any problem with taking things too fast, nothing has died due to me taking it too quickly and this large death that I have just had is due to the anemone releasing toxins. I was just not able to be there in time to spot the problem. I know that most of you out there will really criticize me for this comment about speed what may work for one person may not work for another.

[qoute="carpentersreef"]Make sure you know the characteristics of the fish you keep, so that they can have as peaceful co-existence as possible[/quote]
Are you suspecting that I have not done much research on my fishes or inverts that I have bought and am just carelessly putting in what looks nice,such as the rotteri which some of you say is hard to keep? because I can tell you that I have research a lot about the animals that I have bought. I mean, I can say the same for some of you out there who have bought fishes and shrimps which are known predators or enemies of each other and put them in the same tank only to be eatten. and some of these mistakes come from the experience reefers too. what I am trying to say is that mistakes happen because we can not account for everything that wil happen unless you can tell the future. If you can read the future then damn I ll pay you $5.99/min for one of those calls...it ll be like a psyic(spelling error) hotlinefor fishes
Old 03-02-2004, 09:12 PM

MitchM is on a distinguished road

Richie, I'm curious...what made you decide to keep saltwater aquariums?

Mitch
Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

The very least you could do is spell the name of the anemone right. Its ritteri !!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5
The very least you could do is spell the name of the anemone right. Its ritteri !!
Christy I think you've been in Calgary too long, You sound just like bob now

Also Carpentersreef, If you are saying that I do not take precaution like you do in that although you do not keep tank cover but pile rocks towards the center and all that well you are wrong..I did take precaution but putting the powerhead towards the lower end of the tank while the anemone stays on the top end near the lights...so isnt that the same precaution as you have taken in not keeping a tank cover?
Old 03-03-2004, 10:54 AM

MitchM is on a distinguished road

Richie, you're still missing the point.

The difference is, is that if a fish jumps out of my tank, I blame myself because I didn't set up the tank properly. Fish don't "decide" to jump into a waterless environment. My fault for not looking after them properly.

With you and your anemone set up, you'll just keep going through anemones until you find one that doesn't happen to wander into the open powerhead. It may happen within a day, or it may happen within a few months. If you had done your research, you should have known that there was a good chance of anenomes wandering. Your fault.
Please set up your tank so it doesn't happen again.

And given your attitude towards reckless speed for setting up an aquarium....there's a good chance of something else going wrong. You just don't see it coming.

Anyways, good luck.

Mitch
Old 03-03-2004, 04:06 PM

Hey nothing has gone wrong with my speed yet so therefore I think i m going at the right pace...
Old 03-03-2004, 05:09 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namscam
Hey nothing has gone wrong with my speed yet so therefore I think i m going at the right pace...
I think your pace is a problem. This thread is titled "HELP!!!" for good reason, and you lost what, ALL your livestock - 14 or 15 animals?? Dood, it's cause you're goin too fast...
Old 03-03-2004, 05:10 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

The right pace is the pace at which things don't die.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 03-04-2004, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_77
Quote:
I think your pace is a problem. This thread is titled "HELP!!!" for good reason, and you lost what, ALL your livestock - 14 or 15 animals?? Dood, it's cause you're goin too fast...
dude it says help but didnt u read y the animals died??? they died because of toxins released from the anemone but due to the pace. I mean lets say that u ve had a tank for 2 years and when an anemone released toxins and kills all ur fish could I say that it was your pace that killed it that you went too SLOW or too FAST?? hell no
Old 03-04-2004, 01:20 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, of course I read your post... carefully, too.

here's me: "wait, dood, and take it slow. there's lots to learn"

here's you:
Quote:
ahh darn it i guess it just got too excited and stufff...wonder if my fishes and inverts will dies????
That's from your first thread, I think. Your tank is what, 3 months now? And you had it filled with fish already, most of which died, right? That's still too fast... what are you learning? Not to get too excited again?

This other guy is smart enough to know he's still a noob, darn smart guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
The right pace is the pace at which things don't die.