Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Ultra Lith & Support

Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Marie, could you post pictures of the algae that you are wanting to get rid of? Just wondering if the amount is minor or more significant...

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Hi Marie,

The old saying if it "aint broke dont fix it" strongly comes in to play here.

If you are happy with the tank as it is then do not change anything, but if you want to start some interesting food regimes for better colouration or other advances then these level would need to come down.

But the important thing is for you to do what you feel is right for your tank, we as outsiders can only advise, and still flick back to the first photos and admire at your great achievements
What would be your suggestion to get the levels down? Assuming I start regular water changes...phosphate removers? Is water changes enough to get nitrates to stay down?
If I had gone by my eyes alone I would of said nitrates undetectable, I couldn't see any pink/red in the test tube at all

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Marie, could you post pictures of the algae that you are wanting to get rid of? Just wondering if the amount is minor or more significant...
Myka, I have to say I might be a bit nitpicky and the amount isn't that significant.
I have some cyano type (I say type because this stuff doesn't seem to mind higher flow areas) that coats the underside of the rocks and the back wall of the tank. I have brown wafer algae coating the overflows, 3 different types of caulerpa trying to squeeze in where the fish can't reach, my absolute worse nemesis Dictyota is trying to rear its ugly head and of couse "out of control" coralline algae

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Marie, if I were you, I'd just try increasing the frequency of waterchanges for awhile and see if that helps without doing anything else. That may be the easiest way to fix the problem and if it doesn't well you can try something else

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.