tony1928 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
How about this one Tony has up for sale? DC12000

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=114087
Thanks Dave. Brand new!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Switch the impeller out with the good one before writing off the whole pump. Also make sure they are clean. I recall someone having a similar issue just due to calcium build up and regular cleaning fixed the issue.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Well....been a long night. Swapped impellers with the good one, still no change. Runs for about a second then stops.

So.....onto frankenpump! Took the mag24 from my water change setup.....and it was just too much power! ! Drains couldnt keep up. So I swapped in my mag 12 from my manifold. Everything works great!

But.....the big thing here is, if the mag 12 rated at 1200 GPH is about the same flow as the DC10000 return pump (rated at 2640 GPH)....what kind of flow are these DC pumps actually putting out??

Totally rethinking these pumps. I was going to buy a new one. But why? If these are putting out terrible GPH for what they are rated...whats the point? Id rather a $120 workhorse Danner Mag than an adjustable DC that puts out half the GPH rating for double + the money!! Didnt even think about this until I plugged the Mag pumps in and saw the difference in flow.

Anyways... frankenpump system to the frag/fuge system is up and running... but no more manifold pump. So I will have to add some carbon in a media bag somewhere to compinsate.

So brutal! Random pipes everywhere. Lucky i'm a total horder and kept a tonne of random piping around. Also had to make stock piles of RO water for top up because I tried using the top up/water change pump.

OH YEAH...and my RO/DI unit just stopped working....no flow whatsoever. GREAT day in the hobby for me!

They call it addiction for a reason...

Last edited by FishyFishy!; 06-03-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Robw is on a distinguished road

I had one of the DC10000 pumps and it did the same thing yours is doing. I called JL Aquatics and they took it back under warranty. Credited me the full amount toward a Reefflo Dart Hybrid. They said something about an issue with the dc pumps.