Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 PM

ktsalt is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you are one happy customer! Whats the price for a custom tank like yours going for nowadays?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Calgarynewtankguy is on a distinguished road

The Big Al's tank was 599.00 with over flow plumbing. The Concepts tank is 480.00 and I build the over flow. Did all my research and a herbie over flow it shall be.
33 gal sump/refugium
Sun System Tek-light T5 6 bulb
Mag18 return pump
RLSS R8i skimmer
Neptune Apex controller
BRS combe reactor (carbon GFO)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 AM

Nate is on a distinguished road

They still don't allow them my dear...

Moderators don't even crude these boards anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
The big concern is in gloriously promoting vendors who aren't sponsors. As this is a negative experience, which certainly doesn't promote the store in question (but does promote a Canreef sponsor), there shouldn't be any issue with it.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Fragalot....nuff said.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 AM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post

There are dozens of threads similar to this, and they are certainly advantageous to canreef sponsors (as seen here). It would be foolish of the mods to delete them.

The mods are quite quick about locking threads that advertise a non-sponsors wares when the merchandise is available through a sponsor.

I'm pretty sure this is the second negative "Big Al's" thread that you've commented on. There have been a couple of positive ones that you haven't commented on, and there have been several threads with regards to other retailers that you haven't commented on. I find that interesting. Are you doing work for Big Al's?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:00 AM

Nate is on a distinguished road
Default Nope

Nope... I sell to every store in the city.... And I like them all the same!

If you go back and look way back, perhaps before your time you can see that you cannot talk negatively about any stores. It bugs me that while store 'a' might frequent the forum and complain about a perhaps negative thread, and that gets it closed immediately. Store 'b' might not frequent canreef and their negative thread goes on 4 or 5 pages.

That's all... If the thread was about "joe's fish shoppe" I would have said something...

And while it might be a positive review for Dave at concepts, the thread title might need a little editing. No?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 AM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And while it might be a positive review for Dave at concepts, the thread title might need a little editing. No?
I see no reason the thread title would need to be edited. If Big Al's wants immunity from negative reviews on Canreef they can always pay for a sponsorship. Most forums won't permit negative reviews of sponsors, and they are quickly locked or deleted.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:

Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I see no reason the thread title would need to be edited. If Big Al's wants immunity from negative reviews on Canreef they can always pay for a sponsorship. Most forums won't permit negative reviews of sponsors, and they are quickly locked or deleted.
Ok, here's my thoughts. The title is fine. The topic is fine, it was done in a factual manner and describes the scenario upon scrutiny. This then turned into a Tank Journal/Concept bragging thread with some bickering added for flavour, which is what locked it.
A store review is fine, as long as it's factual and done in a mature fashion. Reviews of sponsor stores can be done in the sponsor's forum, good or bad, and the sponsor then deals with it as they see fit. If a sponsor simply starts deleting bad comments, we look into it and ask questions. There is no immunity for sponsors, they simply buy advertising space. This space, and the right to advertise are protected.
So if Big Al's fell down on a deal, then fine, the OP can post it. We won't allow the announcement of sales at that store, as to protect the paying advertisers.
Again, each and every thread of this type is subject to review and removal at our discretion.