Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 03-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Puff is on a distinguished road

i actually saw him the other night! upside down on the top rock in the aquascape. he saw me, the ran like hell for cover. i never realized how fast they were!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 PM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

yaaaa i got one today too from Ocean.
Cute little gaffer
Old 03-26-2008, 01:39 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Could the anemone survive on its own? this morning i saw a little anem thought it was aptasia but it really didnt look like it, Had to run out the door to work so i couldnt get a pic. the pompom lost its anem about 6 weeks ago.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

No, the pom pom anemone is completely dependent on the crab and it will die without the crab. The crab can live fine without the nem though. You might consider getting another pom pom crab though. If one crab loses both anemones, the other sometimes donates one if it has two.

here's a good thread from nano-reef.com on these guys.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...l+pom+pom+crab
Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

BEAUTIFUL colours! I saw 2 today at the LFS and passed them up but now I'm really regretting it!!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

how hard is it to breed these i have 1, obviously a female as it gets and egg sac about every 2-3 monthes. if i were to add another what are the chances the eggs would get fertilized. not that it realy matters as my sally would eat the eggs before i saw them.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM

so i found him again two nights ago. he has a new...errr..."pom pom". seems to be a very small zoa polyp.lmfao
Old 04-15-2008, 05:17 AM

my pompom is finally coming out during the day! i rescaped a bit and i suppose it took to the new cave created! i also found out that "it" is a she! she now has a big batch of eggs...but even better her other pompom!! i cant believe how fast the anenome grew and split!

sorry for the bad pic. but she retreated into her cave when she saw the camera!

she is also quite hilarious. to celebrate her showing herself during the day i tried to get her some food to watch her eat. i loaded it into the pipette and lowered it towards her. she SCREAMED out of the cave and started beating the crap out of the pipette. i was howling with laughter. she is so feisty. i think i might name her after my gf (but dont tell my gf that!)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM

ScubaGirl is on a distinguished road

We have one and really enjoy it. Yes, it took about 2 weeks to see it again the first time but now we see it a bit more regularly. We saw it out during feeding a couple of mornings ago and it was very quick but kept coming back out again.

Ours has molted twice in 7 weeks and still has both anems. I paid only $20 for ours and consider it well worth it. We have a 70 gallon tank and tons of rocks and little caves for it to hide in.