Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Reeferized is on a distinguished road
Default LF New furniture for a freshwater 33g

Hi all,

Just take a moment to say, I'm new here, and this board is awesome, I've been lurking for quite some time now, and the info and people here are incredible.

ok, back to my post,

I am looking to upgrade my kids 33g FW tank to a much more natural looking tank, now that the kids have grown up a little. We've had the "shipwreck" look in there for quite a few years now, and am looking to remove the ship, and treasure chest, fake plants, and in its place put in some large natural stones with lots of hiding spots, and real plants. I am looking for some inexpensive dead corrals, and stone to upgrade the look of the tank. The tanks has angels, guppies, pleco's, bleeding hearts, rummy's, hatchets, and a few others, all getting along nice.

Let me know if anyone in Calgary, (nw preferably) has some new digs for my freshwater tank.

Tank size is 32x13x18

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i have some java moss and hornwart you can have. (malibu i havent forgotten about you....)
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 AM

Hi ElGuappo,

Thanks, I'll take some if its not to hard to keep going. Any suggestions on proper gravel/soil for the tank, right now it's got regular painted gravel 10mm average size pepples, I'm thinking of dumping it and using something finer that would support plants better. I'm using a Aquaclear 70 for filter, its well established, and keeps the tank super stable/clean.

I'm around all day Monday (Holiday), so if your around PM me, if not let me know a good time to stop by.

Thanks,

Clint
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 AM

dylanserbin is on a distinguished road

Flourite is great. It comes in regular brown color, black and also a fine sand which i like to use.
10g vert vivarium, single azureus
Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 AM

Sounds good dylanserbin, looks like I'm off to the LFS tomorrow for some Flourite, I wonder if anyone is open tomorrow? (Holiday)

I had a look at it on the web, hard to tell exactly what color it is, and what it'll look like in the tank, but I'm thinking maybe the brown.

Anyone got any old dead rock they want me to take off there hands? Just need a few pieces....its a fairly small tank.

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated.

Clint