Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 AM

ReEf BoSs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
guys, I just ordered one of these things. I don't understand how this unit is even possible. I don't understand how $2 shipping is possible. I feel like I've fallen through the looking glass and am online shopping in California.
9:14-9:32 that was quick ! sir you have an addiction. Ahaha
Now I'm going to have to research one.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:03 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

An update - the thing came in like 6 days. Appears to be in perfect working order, and already had the correct date and time programmed in to it (which seems like a fluke to me considering it clearly came from a different time zone).

I'm still baffled by how this is possible considering how much comparable dosers by other brands costs, but I haven't set it up yet so I'll reserve final judgement for when I've been able to play with it for a bit. I'm out of town until Sunday and didn't think adding an unknown element to control something as important as alkalinity to my tank a couple of days before leaving for a week was smart.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:07 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
An update - the thing came in like 6 days. Appears to be in perfect working order, and already had the correct date and time programmed in to it (which seems like a fluke to me considering it clearly came from a different time zone).

I'm still baffled by how this is possible considering how much comparable dosers by other brands costs, but I haven't set it up yet so I'll reserve final judgement for when I've been able to play with it for a bit. I'm out of town until Sunday and didn't think adding an unknown element to control something as important as alkalinity to my tank a couple of days before leaving for a week was smart.
Fish-street is able to cut the cost of their products dramatically mainly due to the fact that they get their stock directly from the manufacturer instead of MANY middle men n of course mainly that they r in China. Brand power is very indeed powerful. Think about a Louis Vuitton jacket vs a no name one. Lv can cost U thousands while the other can cost u under $100 n both does its job of keeping u warm(most likely the no name is warmer) but then again fish street does pick quality items to sell n not the usual 1 time use n break China stuff. But ya $2 shipping makes no sense to me ����
Old 01-28-2015, 07:44 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Just got my DP4 doser 2 days ago. The date and time was set too (but China time) I follwed the calibration instructions and it was already perfectly calibrated.
1ml per sec (well 197secs = 200ml, close enough)
This thing can dose as little as 1ml per month, up to as much as you want. Easy to program, simple to use, and the price?! Money well spent, and saved.

I've never heard another brand of doser run, but the sound is very tolerable.

I bought mine from an eBay seller named "annadebi" for $105us + free shipping arrived in about a week. Even included a Kamoer probe/hose holder for 5 hoses. Hands down the best seller I've ever encountered, tracking numbers, and communication and care above and beyond anything I'd expect from an EBAy seller. Also bought Jebao RW-4 and about to buy RW-8s from her as well.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I have ordered from Fish Street many times. Only problem is no warranty. I haven't had any problems yet, but eventually I am sure I will be sent a dud.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:35 PM

George is on a distinguished road

What products did you buy that didn't have warranty? For example the jebao pumps have 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
I have ordered from Fish Street many times. Only problem is no warranty. I haven't had any problems yet, but eventually I am sure I will be sent a dud.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
What products did you buy that didn't have warranty? For example the jebao pumps have 1 year warranty.
Are you going to send it back to China?
Old 01-28-2015, 09:21 PM

halwake is on a distinguished road

I have had a Jebao powerhead from fish street crap out within the warranty period and no questions asked they sent me a new one with the controller for absolutely free. Their warranty program is great. One of their orders they forgot one item and again no questions asked shipped it out immediately from China for free. These guys have been great to deal with for me.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:14 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
Are you going to send it back to China?
Still considered warranty even if it's china. Most times all warranty items is sent overseas for fix. As for my JEbeo pump the controller wasn't working n they sent me a new one right away without asking me to return anything. Great service from fish street
Old 01-29-2015, 10:25 PM

Ryancw is on a distinguished road

Ordering mine today. Was originally going with the kamoer but with all the reviews i've read ill save myself a few bucks