Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Just an observation and opinion

Watched several clips on YouTube tonight about various SW aquariums housekeeping, fish, CUC and various filtration systems and I found it funny to listen or watch some of these guys explain about their tanks because it is really hard to take somebody seriously who dresses as a gangsta and talks like one he maybe knowledgable but sorry when someone uses words like "dawg" , "da snizzle" , "dat" and other words I can't help myself I burst out laughing and wishing I could give them something like hooked on phonics because I just can't take them seriously.

I may be old fashioned but when a guy stands in front of a camera hat turned to the side or backwards wears lots of "bling" and uses street slang there is no way I can take that person seriously no matter how knowledgable they may be on the subject. In my world presentation is everything.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

In my world people like you are opinionated! But thats just my opinion and at times maybe we should just keep our opinions to ourselves.

Last edited by Aquattro; 02-04-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: language
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I may be old fashioned but when a guy stands in front of a camera hat turned to the side or backwards wears lots of "bling" and uses street slang there is no way I can take that person seriously
what if was holding a gun......

Now thats GANGSTA.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 PM

toytech is on a distinguished road

Watched a u tube vid of da gansta slinging his gat around , it goes off and the first words out of his mouth are "oh s*** my moms gonna be p*****", now thats funny (the living with the mom part , not the acidental discharge part ) .But i agree its hard to take some people seriously when there is a definite air of imaturity , or they are extream tryhards . Must be societies failing to give people some idea of selfworth or personality so they have to make one up, but hey this is just my opinion , now if you will excuse me ive got to put in my gold grill ,bling it up, put on some phat beats , and go to wall mart im out of milk.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM

fixerupper is on a distinguished road

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
2 large boxes of broken expensive aquarium crap. 1 x VERY understanding wife.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Watched several clips on YouTube tonight about various SW aquariums housekeeping, fish, CUC and various filtration systems and I found it funny to listen or watch some of these guys explain about their tanks because it is really hard to take somebody seriously who dresses as a gangsta and talks like one he maybe knowledgable but sorry when someone uses words like "dawg" , "da snizzle" , "dat" and other words I can't help myself I burst out laughing and wishing I could give them something like hooked on phonics because I just can't take them seriously.

I may be old fashioned but when a guy stands in front of a camera hat turned to the side or backwards wears lots of "bling" and uses street slang there is no way I can take that person seriously no matter how knowledgable they may be on the subject. In my world presentation is everything.
It the internet and cell phones dragging down the language skills of the newer generation.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
It the internet and cell phones dragging down the language skills of the newer generation.

Steve
Noticed you ran spell check before posting that
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plPsnWFng0w
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Albert I'm ruined for life lol... Mainly due to it bringing up past memories of video making as a child

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 AM

Madmak is on a distinguished road

I'm scared to get old...very scared...y'all should be too