Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

The 'gas' doesn't get used up. It can only leak out. Alternatively, you could have damaged the compressor when it froze up.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatkins View Post
The 'gas' doesn't get used up. It can only leak out. Alternatively, you could have damaged the compressor when it froze up.
Ya, I've just read up a bit on it, gas is good forever if it stays clean and doesn't leak out. I'll look it further tonight, but probably not worth fixing..
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I don't think your compressor is hooped Brad, if it freezes again it means you are low on gas or have a leak, I would use it till it breaks and get a new one, does your chiller run when the lights are off?

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of your chiller even if you have led, both of my tanks use chiller, one runs led one runs t5. My house gets sun all day long into every window. The tanks are on a second floor. You could run a remote sump in the basement where it's cooler and that should put less of a load on the chiller.....

To fill the R2 gas it should cost you around $150-200 bucks from any hvac company as they are all certified with gas tickets. If you were here I could fill your chiller for $80....some of my friends arel hvac guys and will help for beer money.....

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure what's wrong with it, it's running when it's supposed to, but suddenly not chilling much. It could have a slight leak, which would explain why it ran for weeks after it froze (from the pump failing). Just trying to scrape up enough spare cash for lights and control module, and hopefully that's enough. I'll try to fix the chiller, it's an expensive unit (Aqualogic Delta Star 5 1/2hp), so I don't want to toss it. Even if I fix it and sell it I should be able to recover something.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I'm not sure what's wrong with it, it's running when it's supposed to, but suddenly not chilling much. It could have a slight leak, which would explain why it ran for weeks after it froze (from the pump failing). Just trying to scrape up enough spare cash for lights and control module, and hopefully that's enough. I'll try to fix the chiller, it's an expensive unit (Aqualogic Delta Star 5 1/2hp), so I don't want to toss it. Even if I fix it and sell it I should be able to recover something.
let me sent a couple e-mails out and see if I can get that checked out for cheep for ya. I'll try get ya a cost of materials and beer price haha

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
let me sent a couple e-mails out and see if I can get that checked out for cheep for ya. I'll try get ya a cost of materials and beer price haha

Steve
Actually, after that day, it's been fine. Maybe it was tired??
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

tired of smoke

haha, could have been lots of things.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.