Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 AM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

How much does each module cost?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 AM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

hey,

I haven`t actually setup my tank yet, I am currently keeping nothing as I have many advanced fully planted tanks this will be my first SW Tank. I am currently building all the supplies needed to setup my tank as I have a few things on order and won`t be available until later in Novemeber. I am trying to decide to just buy 2 units as it will be only 350$ more expensive for the 2 prebuilt units and controller then flat out building a DIY with crees. Cleaner Neater and less of a headache for me.

I only have lighting to source out as I think i`m going with a vertex 100 or 180.

I plan to just start up as a fowlr anyways as it is my first SW tank I want to slowly get my feet wet as I get the hang of it and learn make a few mistakes I plan on adding some easy corals. I figure that I will plan so I don`t have to upgrade. If I have everything I need to begin with no need to upgrade later

Currently my tank is 36L by 18w by 24 h
Old 10-20-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatreefguy View Post
How much does each module cost?

So I guess they had a recent price drop to 399$ a unit but I found a website selling them for 349$

The controller is around 80$ and the hanging kit aroun 50$ I believe.

Saltynuts I believe is selling a 2 unit controller and hanging kit for 916$ I believe you might want to double check.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM

Blom is on a distinguished road

So far I'm extremely happy with my AI Sol Super blue unit. Ive had the tank running for around 2 months. Its a JBJ 28 with a single module over top, run using a profilux 3 controller. The main thing I really like is the ability to control all 3 channels (colors) independently of each other. Through out the day my tank rarely looks the same. Using the Profilux as the controller just simplifies controlling the lighting, as well as keeps everything more or less controlled by a single system that is controllable from anywhere in the world (well with internet access). I guess the best way to put it is when i set up my next tank in the new year I will be going LED, now whether that's an AI sol module which I know I like. OR the Ecotech Radion with its RGB colors, but I will wait and hear some others comments on this light fixture first.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank
Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

I have had the AI Sol blue (2) over a 60 gallon controlled by a Profilux plus 2 for 6 months now. I really like them and the ability to control the 3 colours separately. My SPS and LPS and other softies are growing (I've never had metal halide so can't compare them). My only complaint is the height of the legs, I can't hang it as I am in an apartment so am working on another method to get it a few inches higher.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunee View Post
I have had the AI Sol blue (2) over a 60 gallon controlled by a Profilux plus 2 for 6 months now. I really like them and the ability to control the 3 colours separately. My SPS and LPS and other softies are growing (I've never had metal halide so can't compare them). My only complaint is the height of the legs, I can't hang it as I am in an apartment so am working on another method to get it a few inches higher.

Hey I was looking through last night at different ways to mount them as I would be wanting to mount them lengthwise not side by side. If you google a search there is plenty of ways. I will be putting mine in a canopy I'm 90% sure i'm going to be ordering these now to just find a retailer near edmonton =\
Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM

TRS is on a distinguished road

We have run the AquaIllumination LED modules on our display and coral tank for nearly 1.5 years now. The results are amazing...excellent polyp extension and colors. Many get a charge of seeing the thunderstorm, the ability to adjust individual LED intensities, many timer settings and other features. We have not heard any negative response from our customers. They are fantastic!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReefShoppe View Post
We have run the AquaIllumination LED modules on our display and coral tank for nearly 1.5 years now. The results are amazing...excellent polyp extension and colors. Many get a charge of seeing the thunderstorm, the ability to adjust individual LED intensities, many timer settings and other features. We have not heard any negative response from our customers. They are fantastic!!!

Thanks alot for the reply.. Goes the same for everyone else.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReefShoppe View Post
Can we get a couple of shots of the tank, please please please!

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 11-15-2011, 04:12 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Video of tank on AI SOL Blue for 10 months

http://www.youtube.com/user/reefkeeper2?feature=mhee