Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 PM

zenafish is on a distinguished road
Default RARE dwarf seahorses - Mississauga/Toronto ON

Spring is in the air!

My dwarf seahorses have been busy doing the mating dance and are getting crowded in my tank. While keeping my babies for growing out, I'm offering some of my original wild caught adults for sale. These guys were imported with CITES documentation and have gone through the full quarantine and deworm process. Very healthy and lively. Full grown at 1.5", these guys are RARE little treasures...almost impossible to find in Canada!

Dwarf seahorses (Hippocampus Zosterae) do well in their own nano system of 5-12 gallons. 1 seahorse per gallon is a good rule of thumb. They do well in a small colony. They need daily feedings of live baby brine shrimp, either newly hatched or enriched. Very prolific and fry are benthic (hitches right from birth) and eats the same food as the adults. Relatively hardy and easy to keep once you have the basics right. They've even been compared to guppies by one breeder some years back...if it's not for the BBS requirement, they might well just be the best beginner seahorses to have.

If you want more info and/or tips on care, just email me.

Only the white ones are for sale. Price is $25 each. Will ship anywhere in Canada with an overnight Courier service at buyer's cost.