Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Howie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncangweller View Post
I use the same technique in my sump. Who cares if its not beautiful, like Brad said, if it does the job and doesn't cost a fortune then its a success in my eyes. I'll spend the extra money on fish and Coral.

Tank looks great.
Thanks lol I am aiming for a beautiful display and a functional sump that is easy to work in I am so glad I went with a 36 inch high stand.

A week in and the skimmers needle wheel sperated from the shaft so I will be needing a new one. And I have found out that I will need to change out my ato pump. In the new setup the compact 300 is pumping water to fast and keeps adding to much water and setting off the alarm. Found that one out around 5am I picked up a aqualifter while in the city this weekend and i will install that hopefully after work today. Lol and maybe get to those shims as you have mentioned Brad.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-04-2016, 07:03 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

hmmm these dimensions and tank build look very similar to someones tank lol. nice rock work and stand
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 01-04-2016, 07:25 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Nice dimensions, sweet stand, and awesome scape with REAL rock ! I'm excited to watch this one mature.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
hmmm these dimensions and tank build look very similar to someones tank lol. nice rock work and stand
Lol well I had some inspiration from a certain tank I always enjoy seeing updates on your tank! I originally wasn't going to do a one piece euro but after seeing the price wasn't so bad and my wife absolutely loving one piece euros the decision wasn't to hard.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-04-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Nice dimensions, sweet stand, and awesome scape with REAL rock ! I'm excited to watch this one mature.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Thanks lol I am actually pretty happy how my panels turned out. Some minor imperfections but overall I am happy. I love the magnetic panels makes working on the sump a breeze. And for the rock...lol it is probably half live rock I purchased for my very first tank and half originally Dry puakanI that I had in my 180 which was up and running for a year. And for the last 3 months all my rock was sitting in bins with heaters and pumps while I waited on my tank. And now that I picked through it all I need to find a nice home for the rest I used fijicrete, arcylic rod and few zip ties building the rockscape.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-05-2016, 01:43 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Lol well I had some inspiration from a certain tank I always enjoy seeing updates on your tank! I originally wasn't going to do a one piece euro but after seeing the price wasn't so bad and my wife absolutely loving one piece euros the decision wasn't to hard.
I have the same tank too with one piece euro. Is your eurobrace Starphire? I have a false back wall instead of an overflow though, so my display dimensions are 36 x 21 x 21".

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:34 AM

Yes it's starfire as well lol Your tank is another that I follow and inspires me lol I want your space invader pectina. Oh and your guy for the corners emailed me, I finally found it hidden away in my email. I have an idea in my head for a screen top and I picked up the materials to do it. Now I just have to make some time to build it. I am going to try and Make a a template of my eurobrace and try bending some 3/8 clear arcylic rod up. Then on the backside tac the mesh on with some weldon 16. I made a sample piece the other day with scraps and it seems to hold. If it turns out not so good I'll be ordering some corners lol. And a picture of the sample, excuse the beat up piece of acrylic rod and cat fur.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 AM

So after work today (but while my wife was still working) I decided to do a little baking in the oven. I baked this nice frame for my screen top, the glue is drying so I'll wait to attach the mesh to the backside tomorrow night. The tabs that will be sitting on my brace are just propped on those 4 small pieces until the glue dries. I did each end seperatey because that's all I could fit in the oven, all off the joints are hidden under the mounting tabs lol I hope it fits....I did test the bent ends and they fit nicely.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-14-2016, 03:29 AM

So the screen top fits, the one corner does not sit 100% tight with the brace but it definitely will keep the fish where they belong. I think friday I will add my fish to the tank

[img]

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-17-2016, 11:07 PM

Fishy! is on a distinguished road

Looking good! Tagging along on this one.
Did you paint/build the panels yourself?
What type of magnets did you use?