Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2016, 12:21 AM

Howie is on a distinguished road
Default Howie's 82g Tank Journal

Well I decided to start a journal for this tank, I'll try keeping it updated A long story short I ordered my tank in September and got it in mid October. I then sold my 180 and filled this new tank only to find when I got my lights on i found several defects in the glass. Turns out I had bad luck and ended up with a bad batch of starfire that was used on all 3 viewing panes. Concept was great and replaced the 3 affected panels but that meant me tearing it all back down and waiting again. Lol but the wait is over

About the tank.
36×24×22 82g*The 3 sides and one piece euro are starfire, all edges are polished and black silicone.
External overflow. Bean animal drain. Dual returns.
Stand is 36x24x36 Powder coated steel w/magnetic Birch Panels. Painted with a high gloss enamel.
Return pump: Fluval sp4
Skimmer: Vertex Omega 150
Lights: 2 GHL Mitras 6200HV's (2 is*Over kill I know but I had them from my 180*)
Powerhead: Vortech*MP40qd*
Heater: Ebo Jager 250 watt
Doser: GHL 4 chanel doser 2
Reactor: TLF 150 for gfo
ATO: Hydor ato w/Eheim compact 300
Sump is 34x20x17 both the drains drop straight into a 4x7 sock into the skimmer section, then into a lit fuge and then the return section. Also I have ato compartment built in which also is plumbed so I could use it as a cryptic sump if I ever decided to. I went with the 4x7 sock to maximize space to allow*the largest fuge and allow me to have an ato reservoir

Most of the equipment I carried over from my previous tank. Lol and thankfully I found a good used skimmer and I sold my Jebao wavemakers and found a gently used mp40qd. I am very pleased with the quiet drive, definitely quieter on reef crest mode than the jebao on else mode.

The tank has now been running with rock and sand for 5 days...here's sone pics to catch up on things. They are cell pictures but they'll do for now lol

Howie's 82g Tank Journal