Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-10-2015, 03:16 PM

Cameron is on a distinguished road
Default Shaw/Telus Deals and Frustrations

I constantly notice my shaw bill creeping up all the time. We were paying $204/month. Cancelled the phone now we are running around $186.70.

I will admit I am also a shareholder of both companies and love that they do increase costs, but as a user frustrated.

Here is what we currently have for services, how can we best lower our bill and not lose services

Classic Cable $69
HD Plus $19
Broadband 50 $81.
Total $169 + GST PST $186.70
Old 05-10-2015, 04:16 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road
Wink Pick up your phone and call

Shaw- for customer service and satisfaction every time call them.

Telus - for customer service and satisfaction " for me " when I called them, I'm no longer with Telus and haven't been for years.

Give them a call and tell them you want a better deal with your bundle, I did that and was pleased when I hung up and still have everything and more than I had for less and still have my land line phone.

Coming soon to a provider near you choose your own channels package, more savings and you don't have to have all the junk channels.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:32 PM

westreefmang is on a distinguished road

Shaw is garbage always have problems there Internet services are only ok ....telus tho I've never had problem the one time my service with net slowed they had someone out next day to change out the router and there fancy Main box haven't had problem since....have been with telus now 4 years and my bill has been same unless I change something
Old 05-10-2015, 06:16 PM

Dendromad is on a distinguished road

I use Over the Air for TV, its free and HD! Sure you don't get tons of channels, but we do get Global, CTV, CTV2, City, CBC and a few others all in HD and uncompressed so even better picture than cable. We just spend $73 on internet.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Well, opinions are like A**H***S every one has one.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendromad View Post
I use Over the Air for TV, its free and HD! Sure you don't get tons of channels, but we do get Global, CTV, CTV2, City, CBC and a few others all in HD and uncompressed so even better picture than cable. We just spend $73 on internet.
I do the exact same thing free hd TV I very satisfying I have a 20 dollar antenna at the top of my chimney I get 16 channels. With this I have the telus 50 internet pretty fast for downloading any shows I don't get. 68+ tax
Old 05-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

We always have to cancel our service...
usually get a call within a month from Shaw looking to hook us back up and offering deals to do so.

Last time when from paying 230 to less than 100...all same services.

Trying to get anything out of them any other way is a joke.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
usually get a call within a month from Shaw looking to hook us back up and offering deals to do so.

They did the same with us. We switched to Telus, then a week later Shaw was all whiny on the phone giving us a deal. We said screw it. It seemed like they were jacking up the rates every 8 months or so and it all adds up. I think our rates doubled over the 8 years we were with Shaw (tv and internet). Internet was way faster with Telus anyways even though most of the channels suck. I don't watch a lot of TV so no loss there.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post

Yes, last time we moved we cancelled our old Shaw service, and I was looking at possibly going Telus in the new house. Then Shaw got really aggressive and basically gave us 1/2 price for a year. Of course that ran out long ago, and they keep jacking up the prices.

Since then, I have been unable to extract any meaningful discounts, so have been thinking of cancelling again, just to see what they would give me. But I really don't want to go without any service at all for a month (or even a week), so not the best option. And I really don't like Telus either, even though they keep offering us deals.

So what has been people's experience with cancelling? Does it work to give them a month's notice on a cancellation, and see what deal you get? And at worst just cancel the cancellation notice and continue the same service and cost?
Old 05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

LOL! We just switched. Telus did the cancelling for us. We were done with Shaw anyways. I honestly don't think calling and threatening to cancel really does much, their offerings are pretty lame until you really get serious (ie the other company does the dirty work). I don't know how that works tho when you have to sign with Telus for 3 years to get whatever deal they've offered.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.