Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 10-27-2005, 01:25 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5
But wouldn't driving a NO bulb give it a shorter life, while underdriving a VHO bulb give it a longer life? So replacing your NO bulbs twice as often would work out equally in price to replacing your VHO bulbs half as often?

Did that make sense?
um 17.50 for a NO compared to 70ish on the island for a VHO.. cheeper for the NO's by a long shot. and for what its worth I ran NO overdriven to VHO levels for almost two years befor they burnt out..

but when you start comparing NO on VHO current to VHO on VHO current there is no comparason.. VHOs will Kick there A$$ all over.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:
But wouldn't driving a NO bulb give it a shorter life, while underdriving a VHO bulb give it a longer life? So replacing your NO bulbs twice as often would work out equally in price to replacing your VHO bulbs half as often?

Did that make sense?
um 17.50 for a NO compared to 70ish on the island for a VHO.. cheeper for the NO's by a long shot. and for what its worth I ran NO overdriven to VHO levels for almost two years befor they burnt out..

but when you start comparing NO on VHO current to VHO on VHO current there is no comparason.. VHOs will Kick there A$$ all over.

Steve
$70 for VHO?? Holey crap! I was quoted about $30 a bulb. Maybe I should re-check that.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:

Did that make sense?

Steve
maybe they have come down localy, but they were 70.00 last year, and J&L is only 30 but then you have 100.00 in ferries to add to it I know I get VHO when the opertunity is there to get it from J&L with out having to actualy go there, but that is only because I am overdriving VHOs now

Steve

Steve

$70 for VHO?? Holey crap! I was quoted about $30 a bulb. Maybe I should re-check that.
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

OK so how the heck do you overdrive a VHO??

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:24 PM

Quote:
OK so how the heck do you overdrive a VHO??
Do ya realy want to know

first don't get Brad to wire it up or you will melt endcaps

basicly use a workhorse 7 with two bulbs in series and use all 4 wires, VHO is 3 wires and 4 will give you about a 10% over drive.

Steve